Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Operation 'Puppy Pick-up'

brianna079
July 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM
OMG!!! I am sooo excited! I could not sleep last night! We are picking up our puppy this evening, and I have been doing the great count-down at work...I have already driven everyone nuts :D

We spent all of last night 'puppy-proofing' our place. I think we are all set, we picked up 2 bags of kibble (1 of his old stuff + 1 of a better quality, we will mix them for now to make the change). Got some puppy treats, lots of toys, a cage.

Our cat however, was staking out all the new stuff and wondering what was going on...

We have an appointment next week at the vet & we will be starting puppy school soon after :thumbs up

i'm doing the happy dance!!

Jim Hall
July 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
well congratulations has cat been ariound dogs before? what kind of dog
is this your first puppy?

Love4himies
July 20th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Congratulations, will we get to see pictures of the big home coming event tomorrow??

JanM
July 20th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Congratulations! What kind of dog are you getting? Sure hope we see some pictures soon...

mummummum
July 20th, 2007, 12:26 PM
How wonderful Brianna ~ such a crazy rollercoaster to be on when you are having :stork-baby:. We all look forward to seeing pix of the meeting, the trip home and settling in :lovestruck:

brianna079
July 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM
:D My cat has been around dogs before, nad dosnt mind them if they dont bother with him...he dosnt particulaly like them though :fingerscr He'll probably put his new 'brother' in his place in no time at all.

I'm getting a dobie, and the last dobie I had I got as a puppy...what a handful but lots of fun at the same time.

Five and a half hours to go...

:D

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I can almost feel your excitement. :D

Congratulations and looking forward to some pics of your little dobie. :thumbs up

crazydays
July 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Brianna- Congratulations. Have a wild and crazy night!!!! So exciting. Can't wait to hear how you are making out. GOOD LUCK

clm
July 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
How exciting. Can't wait to see the pics.

Cindy

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 11:43 PM
So you've had him for 5 hours now......where's the pics? :laughing: :D

brianna079
July 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM
Ok, I've had him for 10 hours now...I can only post some pics once I get some sleep. I got a whole 3 hours of sleep last night :eek:

Somebody please tell me the crying all night in the crate will stop?!?!?!? This is the first time I have ever crated a puppy.

The pup & the cat has been introduced...well, it was more like an open paw batting the pup in the face :laughing:

will posta few pic just as soon as I can take a little nap...

Winston
July 21st, 2007, 05:35 AM
Yes..the crying will stop..Where is the crate? Is it close to your area for sleeping? Usually they adapt better if they are closer to you..Dont give in!! Your pup will learn that the crate is a safe place! Yeh! puppies are so much fun!

Cindy

Lukka'sma
July 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
Congratulations on the pup. Hope we get a look at him today.

chico2
July 21st, 2007, 06:56 AM
Can't wait for a Dobie puppy-pic...:dog:
I know nothing about pups and crates,but I assume he is used to beeing with his littermates and is simply lonely,maybe a big stuffy would help:dog:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2007, 07:59 AM
Yup...the crying will stop. Meanwhile, just to deaden the noise a bit, a good pair of ear plugs will help :thumbs up :D

How exciting! A little puppy! :highfive: Can't wait to see pics! Congratulations!

rainbow
July 21st, 2007, 01:42 PM
Like Winston and Hazel said "the crying will stop" and you'll thank yourself later that he is crate trained. It really helps if you can put the crate close by your bed at night. :)

Frenchy
July 21st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Congratulation on the new family member ! Can't wait to see pics (lots of them please , I won't settle for only 1) :D

brianna079
July 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Now that I have caught up on the lack of sleep, I want to put up some pics of our new puppy. I already uploaded them to my computer, now what?

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
This might help:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30264

Looking forward to those baby pics! :D