Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can anyone help please?

kezas1982
July 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

I just picked my cat up from my folks house after my holidays. When I picked him up I noticed that his inner eyelids were half closed. That was 2 days ago and his eyes haven't seemed to improve much. He is 2-years-old and is acting like his usual-self and does not have a temperature. There is no pus coming from his eyes either. Does anyone know what this is or should I take him to a vet?

Cheers

Kerry

growler~GateKeeper
July 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Yes you should take him to the vet.
It is possible it is an Upper Respiratory Infection (cold),
He could have something in his eyes even though not easily visable ie dust, fur, bits of grass etc
It could also be an allergic reaction to something at your parents house ie dust, chemical cleaners, perfume etc

My sister is in the middle of renos in her house & 1 of her 3 cats has an allergic reaction to the dust the renos are kicking up, his eyes are squinty, a bit goopy (not pus, just clear discharge) & the inner eyelid half closes - this is a protection reaction the body does to try to prevent anything settling on the surface of the eyes. He has eye drops from the vet to help clear it up & prevent infection.

Good luck, keep us updated