Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's wrong with this picture

clm
July 19th, 2007, 10:22 PM
$115.00 for dog and cat food + treats for 1 week. No dry food, just the canned stuff this trip.
$250.00 for koi food. I'm hoping this will last me the rest of this season.
$100.00 for our food. :laughing:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Oh, I hear ya, clm! I hear ya! :eek: :laughing:

luckypenny
July 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ummm, I don't see anything wrong with that picture clm :D . That's pretty much the way it is here too.

clm
July 19th, 2007, 10:46 PM
You know, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd eat nothing but peanut butter if I had to to keep the pets fed the way they need to be. I'd have to share the peanut butter with them though :laughing:

Cindy

luckypenny
July 19th, 2007, 10:49 PM
You know, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd eat nothing but peanut butter if I had to to keep the pets fed the way they need to be. I'd have to share the peanut butter with them though :laughing:

Cindy

Peanut butter :yuck: . I'd end up having to ask them to share their food with me :D

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 10:58 PM
:laughing: gosh I can relate ! Just today , after work , I told myself I should go to the petstore and get some good treats and toys for the dogs. Then I tought , wait a minute , I really need a new bra ! For once , I should think about me . So I went to get a bra, then I felt bad , stopped at the pet store and bought treats for all of them :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I think we pay more for the vet bills than we do for our own medical bills, too... :rolleyes: Good thing we're crazy about our kyootles! Otherwise they'd be out looking for jobs!! ;)

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 11:49 PM
CLM ~ we are sooooooooooo on the same page. But all I have to do is look at their lustrious coats, bright eyes and springy step to know I am doing the right thing.

:clown2: p.s Frenchy : Duct tape works in a "pinch":D

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I just mentioned to hubby today that I need to get more dog and cat food.

He said "I hope you know when I retire that you'll have to buy cheaper pet food."

I replied "I'll eat Kraft Dinner and soup for supper.....you can cook whatever you want for yourself."

I didn't get an answer. :rolleyes:

Frenchy
July 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM
:clown2: p.s Frenchy : Duct tape works in a "pinch":D

Already tried that , bras are comfier :D

Jim Hall
July 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
as a keeper of a cat for the first time 1n 15 yrs 'all are scaring me a liitle
i guess ill have to keep my second job now eh?

mummummum
July 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Good thing we aren't discussing Vet bills then Jim....:laughing:

SableCollie
July 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Oh yes, I understand. We are at the pet store every 2 weeks and spend from $70 to $120 US. Of course that doesn't include the money I spend at supermarkets and health food stores buying ingredients to make my dog's food...

I was thinking the other day how I always make sure my dog has fresh healthy food to eat when half the time I am eating stale bread with peanut butter for supper. And I thought, well, my dog's nutrition is so much better than mine, she might outlive me!

I won't even mention vet bills. :D

chico2
July 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Seeing we are retired,hubby says he might have to go and become a Greeter at Wall-Mart,because of vet-bills,catfood/treats,doggie treats,birdseeds,corn on the cob for squirrels +huge bags of peanuts:laughing:
But it's all worth it,this former executive will be a wonderful Greeter,French accent and all:laughing:

marine's girlie
July 23rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
ha ha!! i think we all have this problem.

""Then I tought , wait a minute , I really need a new bra ! For once , I should think about me . So I went to get a bra, then I felt bad , stopped at the pet store and bought treats for all of them
July 19th, 2007 09:49 PM ""

i've done this, too!! i have a list of things that i want/need, yet i have no problem spending an extra few dollars on my dog! i'm the kind of sucker that will spend on a whim for him, but i will do a cost benefit analysis on everythig i buy for myself.

krdahmer
July 23rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
LOL you guys should see me when I go to Petsmart to buy the litter.... all 200 lbs of it this time!!! The girls at the counter look so apologetic when they total up my bill...:laughing:
Hubby was heaving them into the truck like it was livestock feed... course I think he liked that being an old farm boy and all.

And food holy carp! I just bought yet another type for Palomine to try and still he only wants wet... which is good for him but not my pocket book... think we are gonna take him in later this week to have his teeth checked. (might be why he is refusing any dry)

I'm still saving up to have Buddy's teeth cleaned and his eye fixed (it weeps, may be a blocked duct, the vet said she'd do both at once).

And I just spent another $70 on this months Revolution supply...(the box only lasts one month here... 6, one per cat)!

Hubby just rolls his eyes at me now when I start a phrase with 'the cats need...', he knows it's futile to argue, the cats get what they need or I just stop feeding him! :laughing: ;)