Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please Help Find Our Basset

Jubilex
May 10th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Please help us to find our Basset Hound. We miss her dearly. She is the sweetest dog I have ever owned and I would do anything to get her back. For whatever reason our gate latch did not latch completely and she got out Friday afternoon (May 7th) and we haven't seen her since. We have contacted all of the local vets, animal control, SPCA, radio stations and posted about 75 posters all over the city. We have only had one call from a teenager saying her saw her Friday night and was playing with her. She followed him home to his apartment where he went in a left her to her own devices. That is the last place we know she was. Her details are as follows:

7 month old intact female Basset Hound
Tan and white in color
Last seen wearing a purple collar and bandana
Answers to the name Sally
Lost in Spruce Grove, Alberta - Mobile City Estates Area
Last Seen outside Springwood Apartments
Lost Friday May 7th, 2004 at approximately 4:30 PM

If you have any information please contact me a jubilex@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

Luba
May 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Oh dear, my guess is she came into her first heat... thats why she ran.

I hope she doesn't get pregnant. The worries you will now have.

I suggest spending as much time in the area calling out her name as you can.

Call all vets offices, shelters and pet stores give them posters with the pic on them.

It's hard to know when to decide to spay but usually before 6mons is a good idea cause some dogs come into heat rather young.

Please keep us posted

Jubilex
May 10th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Actually our vet said she would not do it before six months and recommended the eight to nine month range. This is not my first Basset Hound and they seem somewhat the same in this trait. When they do manage to escape (and they seem to find a way if one is at all available) they follow their noses and lose track of where they came from.

Luba
May 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I hope thats not so.

I wonder why your vet wanted to wait? Do you think she's in heat? Had she been acting aggitated lately?

Jubilex
May 10th, 2004, 05:28 PM
I don't think she was in heat, She had not been acting any differently

Spoiled
May 10th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Aren't bassets the ones that follow their noses and aren't the best listeners?

Putting out a shirt or something that smells like you is supposed to work for cats, so it might be worth the try if you wanted to do it for your dog. Good luck!

MBRA518
May 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Actually our vet said she would not do it before six months and recommended the eight to nine month range. This is not my first Basset Hound and they seem somewhat the same in this trait. When they do manage to escape (and they seem to find a way if one is at all available) they follow their noses and lose track of where they came from.

I've heard that about hounds in general... they seem to have a tendency to roam. I know of people that have that problem with a beagle cross, an Afghan and I remember hearing that about greyhounds too... When they get a sent (or sight in the case of sight hounds) of something they are gone before you can react. You can never let them off leach.

I hope you find her. I can just imagine how heart breaking it must be. Good luck

Jubilex
May 11th, 2004, 03:49 PM
We found her! She is at a pound over a 100KM from our house. Not sure how she got there but going to get her this afternoon. Thanks to everyone for their support!

Luba
May 11th, 2004, 04:16 PM
OHHH thats wonderful news :) so happy you found her!!

YIPPIE she's coming home (don't forget to get her spayed soon)

Let us know about the reunion!!

Princesss04
May 17th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I am so glad that you found your little baby! :D Good luck and get her in to the vet and get her fixed ASAP!

Goldenmom
May 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM
What a wonderful ending! I LOVE to hear this!

She is going to be one tired doggy! Whew!

Heather

chico2
May 17th, 2004, 10:51 PM
That's great,loooove a happy ending story :p