Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Pack Quiz

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
After all those pics I posted the other day, you all must be pretty good at figuring out who's who at Hazel Run, yes? :D

Well, to test your Hazel Run Identity Prowess, I've picked out three pictures of members of the Hazel Run Pack. :cloud9: Your Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to name all the Pack members in each picture. (And of course, if you should mess up, the Hazel Run Pack shall disavow any knowledge of your actions :eek: --but still greet you with slobbery kisses should you ever decide to drop in to visit the little munchkins. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: and believe hazel...that's one heck of a lot of slobber! :crazy: )

So, identify the dogs in the following deck scenes:

Picture One:

Picture Two:

Picture Three:

Note: each of the seven Pack members appears at least once

Frenchy
July 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I won't even try ! :laughing: I am soo bad remembering names , so forget about trying to put the right one on the right setter ! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
July 18th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Heehee I can do this one:
pic 1 l-r
cass (top), ridge, brier, lil belle(top), ember

pic 2 l-r
cole, lil belle, ridge

pic 3 l-r
lil belle, brier, macie

:D :crazy:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2007, 09:28 PM
hummm , Cassie , top left corner , Brier under Lil Belle on the right... (from the first pick ) ???

rainbow
July 19th, 2007, 02:44 AM
I agree with Growler. :thumbs up

.....but I went and checked your other threads first. :D

Hunter's_owner
July 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I agree with Growler also. I am having the hardest time remembering Brier's colours.:o
Lil Belle I know easy enough, and Cole, Ridge and Cass. Ember and Macie I can get most of the time.
It is hard though...love to see pics though, so training for Pack Id'ing is a good thing :thumbs up

JanM
July 19th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I win - I win:

Picture 1 - beautiful dogs
Picture 2 - more beautiful dogs
Picture 3 - more beautiful dogs

:laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I second JanM motion :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Heehee I can do this one:
pic 1 l-r
cass (top), ridge, brier, lil belle(top), ember

pic 2 l-r
cole, lil belle, ridge

pic 3 l-r
lil belle, brier, macie

:D :crazy:

I agree with growler, too. :thumbs up :laughing:

Well, hazel, we're gonna hafta either make the quizzes really hard, or ban growler from the quiz for at least ten posts! :p

:D Good job, growler! :highfive:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Does that mean I don't win anything ? :frown:

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Does that mean I don't win anything ? :frown:

;) Harrumph ! I meanreally...when we can identify them by who they are ...beautiful soul, sweetness n'light, mischievous darling etc. etc. does it really mean anything if we can simply spit out mere names ?:rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
;) Harrumph ! I meanreally...when we can identify them by who they are ...beautiful soul, sweetness n'light, mischievous darling etc. etc. does it really mean anything if we can simply spit out mere names ?:rolleyes:

he he Probably not--lord knows that even if hazel by chance spits out the right name when she's trying to get a dog's attention, they're all going to ignore her, anyway! :laughing: And usually, by the time she's spit out all seven names before getting the right name, she's forgotten what she wanted them for anyway! :crazy: That's why she posted the quiz--hazel needed the practice! :p

rainbow
July 19th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Don't feel bad, Hazel.....I do that with two. :laughing:

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
heheheh ! That's ME...

Burrr...Kayy...DEC ...LAN

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 09:17 PM

:laughing: yes , that's it ! :D

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Actually, I'd probably do better if I'd call them by their real names:
Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, Bashful and Doc. :crazy:

Dopey is Brier's new name. :rolleyes: He almost killed himself tonight. :frustrated: A horse-and-buggy cantered by and Brier tried to go over the deck rail. It would have been at least a 12 foot drop to rock. :eek:

Luckily, he got hung up on the rail at his waist, with only his knees keeping him safe. Hubby reached over, got a grip on his scruff and pulled him to safety. I think hubby's heart is still pounding... Sigh...

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Omg Hazel ! What a scare ! :frown: I hope he learned his lesson :pray:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Omg Hazel ! What a scare ! :frown: I hope he learned his lesson :pray:

I doubt it--it took him twice getting stuck between the slats of the gate before he decided maybe it was a good idea to wait for someone to open it for him... :rolleyes:

If he'd fallen, it might have sunk in that jumping over the rail wasn't a good idea...but he'd also likely have broken his back or smashed his head. :eek: So I think this only made a lasting impression on Mom and Dad, not on Baby Brier.

I think I'm gonna hafta close off the deck to him totally except when he's going in or out (we use the door that exits onto the deck from the house)... :shrug:

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 10:34 PM
This is where he tried to jump off--from the corner of the deck closest to the camera in this picture.

Looks even scarier from this angle than it did in real life! :eek:

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 10:37 PM
:yell: Brier , listen to your mom ! Anyone else of the pack ever tried this ?

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2007, 10:42 PM
:yell: Brier , listen to your mom ! Anyone else of the pack ever tried this ?

No...thank dog! :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
July 20th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I agree with growler, too. :thumbs up :laughing:

Well, hazel, we're gonna hafta either make the quizzes really hard, or ban growler from the quiz for at least ten posts! :p

Heehee thats cuz I love love love the pack :lovestruck: :cloud9: & if you ban me from the quiz you have to remember to tell me first!! :p

Actually, I'd probably do better if I'd call them by their real names:
Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, Bashful and Doc. :crazy:

Dopey is Brier's new name. :rolleyes: He almost killed himself tonight. :frustrated: A horse-and-buggy cantered by and Brier tried to go over the deck rail. It would have been at least a 12 foot drop to rock. :eek:

Luckily, he got hung up on the rail at his waist, with only his knees keeping him safe. Hubby reached over, got a grip on his scruff and pulled him to safety. I think hubby's heart is still pounding... Sigh...

Oh lucky for Brier that Hazel Run Daddy was there to save the day!!!!! <*insert fainting smiley here*>

Okay so: If Brier is Dopey who does that make everyone else??????
Sleepy = Cass ?????
Happy = Lil Belle ?????
Sneezy = Ridge ?????
Dopey = Brier
Grumpy = Cole ?????
Bashful = Macie ?????
Doc = Ember ?????

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Holy crap :eek: .....I'm sure glad Daddy Run Pack caught Brier in time. :thumbs up

Hunter's_owner
July 20th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Oh my goodness Hazel. That must have been so scary. Luckily hubby was there to catch him:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Yes, we're all singing the praises of the Hazel Run Daddy this morning...'cept for Dopey, who's making plans for his next attempt at flight, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

I woke up this morning with deck access control plans milling in my tired brain. :o

I think if I just keep the front gate open when we need to be up there, he'll use the stairs to get down instead of leaping over...but hazel's gonna watch him like a hawk just in case! :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Okay so: If Brier is Dopey who does that make everyone else??????
Sleepy = Cass ?????
Happy = Lil Belle ?????
Sneezy = Ridge ?????
Dopey = Brier
Grumpy = Cole ?????
Bashful = Macie ?????
Doc = Ember ?????

I think it goes more like:

Dopey = Brier :warped:
Sleepy = Ridge :cloud9:
Happy = Cass :lovestruck:
Grumpy = Ember :frustrated:
Bashful = Macie :o

The Sheriff is just the Sheriff...but they do call him Doc once in a while...after Doc Holliday who hung out with Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral... :D

Shlurpy = Lil Belle :dog: she's always lickin' he he

I know, I know...hazel cheated a little on that last one...but none of them sneeze very often :laughing:

If hazel needs more practice and I post another quiz, I'll have to get you to check my work, growler! :thumbs up :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
July 20th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I think it goes more like:

Dopey = Brier :warped:
Sleepy = Ridge :cloud9:
Happy = Cass :lovestruck:
Grumpy = Ember :frustrated:
Bashful = Macie :o

The Sheriff is just the Sheriff...but they do call him Doc once in a while...after Doc Holliday who hung out with Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral... :D

Shlurpy = Lil Belle :dog: she's always lickin' he he

I know, I know...hazel cheated a little on that last one...but none of them sneeze very often :laughing:

:laughing:

How nice that they all have their own dwarf & not too much overlapping, we don't want scuffles over who has which dwarf for their very own

:crazy:

Shlurpy is okay:D no one wants a dog to be sneezy all the time:D

Dog Dancer
July 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
You see now Hazel, Dog Dancer has her own Dopey - that would be Shadow who took to jumping off our deck (also raised to the second floor). She had a slight breakfall in the carport roof, but then about an 8 foot drop onto the driveway:eek: . She's 10 so that's not a good thing at her age. She now spends her days lazing at mom's office as she can't be trusted to be left home without risk of mortal injury! The Pack is gorgeous as always - hope Brier decides to stop that stuff! Oh and the jumping over the railing stuff - I have sworn off taking any more dogs to agility and "Teaching" them to jump over railings!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
You see now Hazel, Dog Dancer has her own Dopey - that would be Shadow who took to jumping off our deck (also raised to the second floor). She had a slight breakfall in the carport roof, but then about an 8 foot drop onto the driveway:eek: . She's 10 so that's not a good thing at her age. She now spends her days lazing at mom's office as she can't be trusted to be left home without risk of mortal injury! The Pack is gorgeous as always - hope Brier decides to stop that stuff! Oh and the jumping over the railing stuff - I have sworn off taking any more dogs to agility and "Teaching" them to jump over railings!:laughing:

omg :eek: :eek: :eek: Did she get hurt?!? :grouphug: Now that must've been a real heart-thumper!!! :eek:

I'm hoping it has something to do with the number 10. Your Shadow is 10 years...Brier is 10 months. Maybe they'll both be safe when they get through the Traumatic Tens? :fingerscr

Maybe I should get Brier into agility since he already knows how to attempt a rail! :rolleyes: I could train him to leap a rail on command so I can tell him NO leap, you little nudnik!!!!! :frustrated: :p

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I agree, growler--too sneezy isn't cool at all! :dog:

CyberKitten
July 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'll try this when I am less tired. Right now, I KNOW I'd mangle it!!

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2007, 11:16 PM
I've got some more pictures. I think these will be more challenging--even for you growler! :D course, hazel has been disappointed before :laughing:

A. First off, here are 4 of the Pack guarding the front of the house. Can you tell who they are from the back?

B. There are 6 of the Pack in this picture. Which ones can you find?

C. And in this last one, who does the nose behind Lil Belle's left ear belong to?

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2007, 11:22 PM
Here's one of the entire Pack (each member easily visible) on the deck. I wish I could get them all closer together and facing the camera all at the same time! :D

And these two shots were just cute, so I'm throwin' 'em in as a bonus! :thumbs up

27309 27310

growler~GateKeeper
July 21st, 2007, 11:45 PM
heehee:D

how's this:

pic A l-r

cole, lil belle , ember, macie

pic b l-r
brier, macie behind (brier), ember, cass (behind ember), lil belle, ridge

pic c
macie

:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM
Ooooo...I was sure the nose was gonna stump you! :D You got the nose, though... It is Macie's!

You got B correct, too! :thumbs up

But...he he he...you messed up on A. Wanna try again? :p

growler~GateKeeper
July 22nd, 2007, 12:09 AM
:o
okay how's this?:
pic A l-r

cole, brier, ember, macie

should've figured it out with lil belle not being taller than ember:o

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Dam! :highfive: You're good, growler! :D

Yeah, Lil Belle has more meat and skin on her bones, too--Brier is a skinny guy...hyper adolescent...hard to get him to gain weight! Wish hazel and I had that problem! :p

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
You realize that I'm now taking twice as many pics as I was before just to see if I can get some tricky shots to fool you? he he he Yer gonna bankrupt me with processing costs, growler! :laughing: :crazy:

growler~GateKeeper
July 22nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
:laughing:

All the more reason to get a digital cam!! NO processing!!:D

bit :o I missed that one:crazy:

The nose one was actually pretty easy there only 2 dogs w/red nose & Ember has more white on his muzzle than Macie :D

hazelrunpack
July 22nd, 2007, 12:22 AM
The nose one was actually pretty easy there only 2 dogs w/red nose & Ember has more white on his muzzle than Macie :D

Yep... Sigh. I knew I shoulda made the pic darker so the color wasn't so obvious! :laughing: