Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

tricks to bathing a puppy

lbiessen
July 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Ok, does anyone have any tricks or tips on how to bath a 10 week old puppy who does not like being bathed? :dog:

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Well, I can only tell you what I've been doing with my cats. I put a towel on the bottom of the sink, then I get a washcloth and just wash them with that. It seems to be working better than sticking them under the faucet or pouring water on them. It takes a bit longer, but they are better about having it done.

mummummum
July 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I've never been big on bathing dawgs unless they are ssoooooo covered in muck or stink they are unbearable:o but have you thought of swimming as an alternative ~ kiddie pool with floating balls/ toys ? Playtime always sounds better than BATH time :D !

I have a shower massage head with a very long hose for our bathtub which seems to be enjoyed by the dawgs ~ they get they backs right into the spray when I put it on "pulse". :laughing: I also find it does a better job of rinsing soap and conditioner out of the coat.

want4rain
July 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
i found that bath time is all about attitude. go in there with a cheerful voice and lots of praise and even more goodies and you will have a pooch who *loves* baths!!

of course i have a lab mix so perhaps i had my work cut out for me?? :D

-ashley

crazydays
July 18th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Hi- I have a 3.75month old Springer Pup. What works for me is this- fill bathtub with about 6 inches warm water. Have a removable shower head down beside you. I put the shampoo on before I start the shower head. She gets special treats in the water at the same time I am shampooing. I think using the warm tub water calms her(but I may be crazy). I use a football hold on her and it seems to work--left arm under her belly and take firm hold of armpit of front legs.....IF ALL ELSE FAILS BRING IN EXTRA RECRUITS!!!!!!!:laughing:

Everyone who has a puppy understands completely your question!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK