Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sneezing dog

ludwig123
July 18th, 2007, 05:12 AM
My dog has some kind of nose infection.I took her to the vet last week and she said it was probably a sinus infection or rhinitis..and prescribed antibiotics which are taken twice a day.However after 5 days of treatment there seems to be no improvement. The affected area is the left nostril,it's swollen,cracked and covered in what seems to be very dried up green/yellow "stuff", my dog regulary sneezes and appears to choke sometimes as the nostril almost covers over with this really hard stuff. In addition to the antibiotics I (try!) to put nose drops everyday.. my friend reckons it's the infection "coming out" that's why it looks worse than before...I'm not so sure however,I'm wondering whether it's not something else that antibiotics can't cure .. anyway there's still another 8 to 10 days treatment maybe I should just wait and see but if you have any ideas I'd be grateful.Thanks. (by the way apart from the nose thing my dog is fine)

Hunter's_owner
July 18th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I would take her back to the vet. Seems as though the antibiotics didn't work...maybe a different type of antibiotic may be needed.:shrug:

Love4himies
July 18th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Perhaps it is a viral infection, in which case no antiobiotics will help.

rainbow
July 18th, 2007, 07:26 PM
You nedd to take your dog back to the vet asap. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes: