Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy has heavy breathing....

samiatmiami
July 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM
I'm so worried about my 4 month old labrador mix. He is breathing very heavily, his stomach is shaking does not want to play and doe not want to lie down for long. He can walk o.k. but looks like he is in pain.

My six year old girl was playing with him in the yard today and later mentioned that she thinks she almost choked him by pulling on his collar to hard ( by accident). I have absolutely no money for a vet, please believe me, what should I do?

badger
July 18th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I'm afraid nobody here can tell you what to do, other than to beg, borrow or steal the money and take your dog to the vet. He may very well have an injury which is obstructing his breathing; the fact that he is unable to lie down for long means that in the down position he feels even more discomfort. Can you imagine how scary this is for him?
Please do everything you can, call your friends, your family, pawn your TV, whatever it takes to get him the help he needs because this does not sound good.
Sorry not to be more encouraging.

Love4himies
July 18th, 2007, 06:25 AM
He really needs to see a vet. Please keep us posted on his condition. Maybe the vet can work out a payment plan with you.

Capt. Jack
July 18th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately. Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.