Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ambers New Name and Update

want4rain
July 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
so we have decided Amber was a hasty name. it isnt sticking for some reason.

im tossing around Francis after St Francis. not sure about it though. any other suggestions??

perhaps Bast? or Ubasti? because surely Ubasti was watching over her.

we are now officially fosters now! (YAY!) we were feeding her a home made diet but because of how busy ive been we decided to go to Wellness grain free and then Eukanuba kitten for when we leave the house or between feedings.
she has been dewormed. had a dose of Sentinel to get rid of her fleas. i totally cleaned out and sanitized her little box because of the worms. ill do it again tomorrow and then again after we get her second round of deworming done.
she has gained 1lb and 6oz in 3 days. we took her to the vet to get tested for feline lukemia and that came out negative. (SUPER YAY!!) we are holding off on getting her vaccines until she is a little healthier.
we found she had an abscess on her tail about the size of a medium grape. they drained and rinsed it and gave us some Clavamox. im using egg whites dipped in wet food juice to get her to eat it and its working great. just make a slit into the egg white square and pop part of the pill in there. goes right down!
she is pooping well and peeings lot.
we started letting her explore the hall way some. she has way more energy now. she doesnt fall right back to sleep after eating. she is always up and greeting me at the door when i come to see her and quite the little begger for attention!!
at this rate we are hoping to have her adoption page ready in the next few days. i want to wait to post a pic for them until she is a little more plump. i hope to have pics for you guys today. i took some but need to get them off the camera and onto the comp.

she looks fantastic!! thanks for the support!

-ashley

clm
July 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Can't wait to see the pics!

Cindy

want4rain
July 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
well here ya go!!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Huhhalf.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/onmywayma.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Pfffft.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/lookingatChrishalf.jpg

what a pretty kitty huh.

-ash

jiorji
July 16th, 2007, 08:33 PM
awww what a pretty kitty :lovestruck: I love calicos:lovestruck:
I think Francis is a cute name for a kitty

otter
July 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
What a sweetie! Such neat markings.
Yup, I agree Francis works for me.

happycats
July 16th, 2007, 09:09 PM
She is so sweet :lovestruck: What an :angel: you are for fostering!!

Names;

Francine
Checkers (her face in the first pic, looks like a checker board)
Patches
Quilt
Cali
Sharlie
Lacy
Tiffany
Kelsey

mummummum
July 16th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Wow ~ she is some serious cute and confident! Although this I live in A Dog House I wish you were closer :cloud9: ... I'm sure she will get adopted in no time!:lovestruck:

badger
July 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Too sweet, check out that little tongue. Francis is very apt, although you could spell it Frances to correspond to her gender, St. Francis won't mind. She must think she's died and gone to heaven! :fingerscr for a good home.

want4rain
July 17th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Frances.... *coughs* we all have our moments... ;)

how do fosters do this?! all i gotta say is 'they gotta go through me first'!!! gonna take someone dedicated to get their hands on his little girlums!! you know all of her fur stands on end when i come to see her. haha!! its the cutest thing! i thought it was because i startled her but another foster mom said her 16yo cats been doing that to her for ever, or gets excited abotu anythign else.

-ashley

chico2
July 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM
What a little beauty,I have a feeling she'll be with your family for a looooong time:cat:

Jim Hall
July 17th, 2007, 08:12 AM
she is beautifull she looks a lot like mine down under

Love4himies
July 17th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I love her two different coloured legs. What a cutie pie! Her markings are just gorgeous.

Love4himies
July 17th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know about being able to just "fostering" this beauty, me thinks she is doing her best win your heart so this can be her forever home:D .

ancientgirl
July 17th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Oh boy, she's just beautiful! I love her markings.

I like Francy or Checkers is cute. Oh Patches!

want4rain
July 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM
haha we will see!! she has yet to meet the rest of the Swift Tribe!!

thanks guys, she really is a doll. Frances it is!

-ashley

dtbmnec
July 17th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Oh does she stick her tongue out a bit?

LOL

Leo does it sometimes. Its so cute. It's like he's finished licking and then hasn't remembered to put his tongue back into his mouth.

:cloud9: :lovestruck:

She's sooooo cute :)

Megan

Spirit
July 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Frances is a lovely name. I immediately think of Paris (France), and she certainly does look like something a french street painter would paint. lol

I would definitely name her after an artist (due to her picasso-esque markings), but I also like Patch, and Emily (after Emily Carr).

She is very, VERY beautiful.

want4rain
July 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM
haha!! she was mid-lick when i took that one. :) she just had her elevensies when i let her out for a bit to frisk around the hallway. she just *adores* Chris, of which has "sucker" written all over his forehead. :lovestruck:

you know St Gertrude was the actual patron of cats right?? she looks a little like a Gertie. :D Frances?? Gertie? :cloud9:

-ashley

clm
July 22nd, 2007, 06:20 AM
She's beautiful! I love her colouring. What a pretty kitty.

Cindy