Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

boston terrier allergies???

trevorw_d
July 16th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Hi all,

I have a two year old boston terrier. It seems a couple of days ago or maybe a week ago the dog started sneezing or blowing snot out of his nose about every 2 smells. When he lays down or is not smelling he breathes fine. I do not remember him ever blowing snot on me or anything before, especially not every couples smells. It is getting annoying and I am wondering what I can do??

Thank you in advance, this forum is greatly appreciated.

Trevor

Oh yeah, his nose seems to be running a bit as well.

Shaykeija
July 16th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Time to take your dog to the vet.....

growler~GateKeeper
July 16th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Definately take your dog to the vet asap, IMO sounds like it could be Bordetella, or Upper Respiratory Infection. When you book appt please tell the staff @ the Vets that your dog has been sneezing for about a week & when you arrive for appt leave the dog in the car, check in w/reception, then bring the dog in when they tell you to. This way he has no contact w/ other dogs in waiting area & can not pass on what he has if indeed it is contagious (such as Bordetella & URI)

any animal that is sneezing, coughing, vomiting, has diarrhea, not eating/drinking, discharge of any kind from any place that it's not normally supposed to, should be seen as quick as possible by a Vet

trevorw_d
July 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hi, thanks for the replies.l I took Marvin to the vet and they didn't find anything wrong with him. Because the discharge out of his nose is clear and not creamy they say it is normal. It has been very hot here so they say it might be heat related. Otherwise it could be a foxtail or a piece of grass. It it gets worse or the dog shows any signs of being bothered then I will take him back to get a probe up his nose.

rainbow
July 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm glad you took Marvin to the vet. :thumbs up I hope it does not end up being a foxtail. :sad: I would like to add that a "clear discharge" from the nose is a lot different than the "blowing snot" that you described. ;)

trevorw_d
July 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM
What exactly is a foxtail?? If I blew my nose on you wouldn't you call that snot no matter what color it was?