Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run's original Trio: Cass, Cole, and Ember as Puppies

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
We'll start with the Princess-Queen. We were still living in the city when we took in Cass. She was 9 months of age, so I don't have any really tiny puppy pics of her. But here she is at about 8 months (I think).

She's always loved to run. Here she was chasing swallows in a field in MN:

And being a little more sedate and ladylike.

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
awww, more more more:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Then came Ember. I'm not sure if Cass was happy or dismayed by his arrival, but she certainly was fascinated by the little tyke:

She spent a lot of time with him when he was little, mothering him, cuddling with him, making him feel welcome:

27120 27121

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Then, of course, Ember got a bit bigger and more interesting to play with.

"Us?! Being naughty? Nah...Ma! Look! We're being so good!"

Cass was a very good ego-builder. She often let the little munchkin roll her, even though she was twice his size:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 07:56 PM
About the time Cass was getting tired of being rolled, we decided to get Cole. (The Multiple Setter Sickness had already set in, I guess, but we didn't yet recognize the danger :eek: ... :laughing:)

Here's a picture of Cole with hubby and Cole's mom, Hannah :lovestruck:.

Getting Cole was a bit problematic, since the city only allowed 2 dogs. We eventually got around it by registering Cole with the hubby's folks. :o

The Trio got along famously:

Cass was happy that Ember had a buddy so she could get more napping in during the day. And, after Cole and Ember had tired each other out, Cass would snuggle with one or the other of the boys (in this case, Cole):

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Cole and Ember were fast friends. They played like there was no tomorrow.

They napped together.

They kept watch for Dangerous Varmints together.

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
oooooo baby Ember puppy face sooo cute*sigh*:lovestruck: :cloud9:
and baby Cole puppy *sigh*:lovestruck: :cloud9:

Frenchy
July 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
That first pic of Cass is so funny ! I can actually hear her ; yipeeeeeee !

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 08:07 PM
All of this was before we found Hazel Run. We had a roaring case of Multiple Setter Sickness (MSS) and didn't even know it, but it was controlling our lives. That winter, while the pups were playing in the snow

we were out looking for a house in the country (or the woods, as it turned out) that would enable us to expand our Pack. And finally, we found Hazel Run--but it took us until the following autumn. We moved in very late Sept 2004 and the Trio became the very first Hazel Run Pack:

Smiley14
July 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Oh Hazel, I LOVE seeing the pack as babies!!!! Soooo cute!!! No wonder you developed MSS. You may have to start an MSS support group! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
No wonder you developed MSS. You may have to start an MSS support group! :laughing:

Oh, heavens, NO! We feed on each other's sickness! :eek: :crazy:

:laughing:

otter
July 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
And MSS is soooooooooooo contagious!

Two victims at pets.ca already (Hazel and dogwalker) and many more coming down with symptoms:eek:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Two victims at pets.ca already (Hazel and dogwalker) and many more coming down with symptoms:eek:

And I don't believe there is a vaccine, yet, either...so be very, very careful! :evil:

Frenchy
July 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I just love how they cudle with eachothers :cloud9:

Otter , any Setters on petfinder in your area ? :D

luckypenny
July 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM

Would these symptoms include an inability to breath, gasping, belly flutters, flushing, an overwhelming sense of glee and love, etc., etc.? OMG, I think I got it! :cloud9: but it feels soooo good. What a high Hazelrunpack, thank you, thank you!

otter
July 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Ooooo, good idea Frenchy:thumbs up , i'm off to petfinder...... (setters, great danes, hmmm, i'm sure there are a few others I can look up too!):D :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
July 15th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Be very very very careful, LP! he he Sounds like you're in the first stages of MSS! :eek: By the second stage of the disease you'll have 3 setters...by the third stage, the numbers increase astronomically! :crazy:

rainbow
July 16th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I love the ones of Cass mothering Ember. :lovestruck:

And, the Sheriff = :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Cass really is a motherly sort... She mothers Ridge, too--barks at her when she needs disciplining; cuddles with her when she needs some lovin'. They look a lot alike, too--sometimes it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. :dog:

As for Cole...well, he's just a sweetheart. :lovestruck: Here's another one just for you, Rainbow, with love from Cole:

And now I really must haul hazel off to bed. :D Nite, rainbow!

rainbow
July 16th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I never realized before but Cass and Ridge really do look alot alike. :lovestruck:

Thanks for the extra pic of Cole....he really does steal my heart. :cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
July 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Omg, just when I think I have found my favourite pic, they keep getting cuter:cloud9:
I love Cass mothering Ember...it is just too cute:lovestruck:

wdawson
July 16th, 2007, 05:16 PM
hazel must have secretly gotten high speed internet and a digi cam:D ...keep em comin.

wdawson
July 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM
forgot to say i love the trio in the window......how much are the setters in the window:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2007, 12:04 AM
forgot to say i love the trio in the window......how much are the setters in the window:laughing:

food bowls: $67
food for the week: $50
monthly vet bills: $1000 or so

Setters: priceless!

For everything else, there's...er...um...:o...meh...I can't remember if those are MasterCard or Visa commercials! :laughing: hazel is tired:crazy:

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2007, 12:07 AM
While I typed out that last post, the first 3 pics loaded! :thumbs up If I just waited quietly in this thread for another 20 minutes, I'll bet I could see all the pics again! :laughing: :o

TeriM
July 17th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Awww, I love all these pics :cloud9: , it is very neat to see their history together :lovestruck: .

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks, TeriM. I wish I could see all the pictures together! :laughing:

Sigh...I'm fallin' asleep trying to change pages it's taking so long! :eek: Can't tell if it's just me or something with the board. Maybe I posted so many pics yesterday the board is imploding!

:eek: run for your lives!!!! :o :crazy: :laughing:

:goodvibes: <---- hazel about to implode...she looks happy about it! :laughing: