Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Flea treatment and cuddling/petting?

yaqui
July 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew how long you have to wait before cuddling or petting your animals after applying Advantage. It's not on the box, pamphlet or website. I've checked everywhere I can think of and can't find the answer. Thanks alot![:)

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I've only used Advantage twice my :rip: Cally:dog: was on Program year round (Flea Allergy) but when neighbours' flea infested dog visited he needed Advantage. My animals had/have not had fleas since 1995 & if I knew why I'd be a millionare:D . A safe bet would be @ least 1 hour that would give it time to soak into coat/skin & not be all rubbed off on you. Please be sure to wash your hands though - there will still be some residue that rubs off. If fleas are prevalent your area look into Program as well. This kills the eggs & prevents them from hatching, it doesn't kill adults but if there are no more eggs there will be far less adults and because Program is either pill/liquid suspension fed to them it can be used in conjuction w/Advantage.:D