Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wellness + Kitties = Pwned!

dtbmnec
July 15th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Sooo I brought home a bag of Wellness (the Salmon kind since it has about zero chicken or beef in it) and it seems to have been a hit. I fed them each one or two pieces as treats and they meowed for more...so I stuck a half handful (damn the pellets are tiny compared to the Friskies!) of them in the food dish...5 minutes later and all I see is Friskies in the dish...hmmmm how strange :p

Soooo I'm gonna put another half handful in tonight (until I figure out exactly how much they need etc.) and see how it goes...maybe in the morning the Friskies will all be left :)

Or maybe just as a test I'll stick out a bowl of Wellness and a bowl of Friskies and see which is left come morning :p

Megan

rainbow
July 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Leo and Pawz are smart boys....they know what's best. :D

dtbmnec
July 15th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Victory has been achieved!

Ok well mostly...I think they're having problems grabbing the Wellness out of the Friskies but otherwise they're all but devouring the Wellness :)

YAY!

Alright so the slow process of giving them more Wellness and less Friskies...just what to do with the excess Friskies....:shrug:

I know there's a family nearby who couldn't care less what they feed their cat (set in their ways and there's NO WAY they'd listen to feed anything better) soooo maybe I could give it to them....they took the kitten stuff from me way back when the boys were tiny and I'd bought them like three different kinds of food (all crap as I was later to find out)....at least the cat is being fed....she roams around a lot and stuff outside too....actually she's not the only one either...bleh

But still victory has been achieved!!! For once Leo and Pawz have made a GOOD decision and have shown some small measure of intelligence....

(Despite repeated warnings about the stairs Leo continues to daredevil around them...Despite repeated attempts to get Pawz more active he continues to flop whenever he feels and enjoys attempting to kill us...I mean trip us)

Megan