Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weird and worried

Fletcher1
July 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I'm baffled. My cat hasn't used his litter box in days. He's always been clean and reliable that way, never made a mess outside of the box. But I can't find anywhere in the house where he's been going, and I KNOW I would smell it. He eats, and asks for food, and none of his behaviour has changed. He's still loving, purrs when we cuddle, doesn't appear to be in any pain.

Any ideas?

badger
July 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM
If he doesn't go outside and you can't find any evidence inside, you must take him to the vet. It doesn't matter if he doesn't seem to be in distress and is still eating; cats are very good at hiding pain.
Please don't give him human meds or over-the-counter remedies from the pet store, they will be at best useless and at worst, fatal.

LittleMomma
July 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM
please bring him to the vet! Our cat has a megacolon issue and has needed a number of enemas when she gets this problem. We use Lax'Aire preventatively and when she gets really backed up we use Lactulose as per our vet. Your kitty NEEDS to be seen as this can cause intestinal blockage

krdahmer
July 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Please get kitty to the vet. Not using the box for days can be something very serious even if they seem fine.