Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog has problem with coat

michele85546
July 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM
my 2 year old chihuahua. has 3 or 4 spots on her skin that (the best way to describe it) are hard, dark like dried eye buggers and when I pulled them off the fur comes out with it. Now I just discovered this today so I don't know if the hair is still growing or not. She also has some red spots between her belly and her legs. One of then looked like a pimple. I am concerned even though she isn't scratching or anything. She isn't an outside dog. Not sure if she is shedding more then normal since she has always shed. She is a short haired dog.

mandakyle
July 19th, 2007, 08:50 PM
you should keep an eye on that if you don't plan on taking him/her to the vet...my dog started out that way and after about 2 weeks the spots multiplied and the scratching started...I took him to the vet and he said it's a skin infection but isn't sure what has caused it...i now have to give him a pill 2x a day and a bath 2x a week...my dog also became very lethargic after about 3 weeks and just layed around...ate little...and slept about 18hrs a day...now he's doing better but the spots are still there.:frown:

anyway my point is just to keep an eye on it and if it seems to become worse in any way take him to the vet!