Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found a badley injured kitty

clm
July 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Neighbours knocked on my door yesterday afternoon. They said an injured cat was under one of my cars. Poor thing was missing an eye, had maggots all over it's head, it's tongue was hanging out and it's face was a puffy mess, his coat was so badley matted it was unbelievable. I don't know what this poor thing had a fight with, but it was certainly on deaths door. :sad:
Called animal services and they came and got it. They were sure the poor thing was going to have to be put down. :sad: Another good reason to keep your cats indoors.

Cindy

mummummum
July 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Thank you for posting ~ and as harsh as this sounds, I wish you had taken and posted a picture for all those who believe unsupervised outdoor cats are okay and the need to spay and neuter is irrelevant. :sad:

:candle: thank you helping this little kitty to find physical peace CLM :candle:

chico2
July 14th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I was not sure if I wanted to read this,what a horrible thing to have to see,poor,poor little kitty:sad: :rip:

krdahmer
July 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I really really really shouldn't have read that. Thank you for at least ending the suffering that poor poor little kitty was subjected to. For me though the maggot part brings tears to my eyes as I came home one day at 15 to find my rabbit of 11 years covered in them, they were crawling in and out of his hind leg (we had been treating a wound on it for a long long time then the neighbour put in a compost right on the other side of the fence where we had Thumper's bunny condo, resulting in flies getting into his condo- the incident happened before we had a chance to move it :sad:, plus I was home alone with my mom, she had no idea what to do and I was hysterical, then she said something about dad taking care of it when he came home the next day!:yell: , I made her take him to a vet and he was put to sleep) and he was still trying to get up and hop to me. To this day I think that was the single most traumatic moment of my childhood. I know that the maggots are just eating away the dead skin and that in some countries they are used to clean wounds, but to me they are evil little jerks and it's petty I know but I feel like I'm getting even with every fly I swat. :rolleyes:

I really hope everyone reads this post and as you said realizes that so many horrible horrible things can happen when pets are left to wander the streets. It's just not right. At least that kitty is safe in it's new home...:angel:

Frenchy
July 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Poor kitty :sad:

CyberKitten
July 14th, 2007, 10:05 PM
That is sad indeed!!! I hope the kitty survives - and gets good vet care but it does not sound good. I honest do not understand cats allowed to roam the streets - it makes absolutely no sense, whether the cat has a home or is s stray - I do agree with you that this is one example of what can happen, sigh! :sad:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM
So sad :sad:

clm
July 14th, 2007, 10:17 PM
The woman from Animal Services who picked up the cat was pretty sure it would be put down that evening. :sad: I hope I never see anything like that again, it was so sad.

Cindy

rainbow
July 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: ......poor little kitty. :rip: :candle:

ancientgirl
July 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Oh man, I wish I would have skipped this.

That poor kitty. I hope she's at rest.

coppperbelle
July 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Oh man, I wish I would have skipped this.

That poor kitty. I hope she's at rest.

Me too but I thought I was going to read about a happy ending. :sad: