Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat's back legs injured?

RyboFlavin
July 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Hi all,

When I adopted my cat about 6 months ago, I was told that her legs had been injured, but seemed to be fine now. I noticed that her jumping ability was a little lacking, but otherwise was fine. I have noticed over the last few months, that sometimes when she is trying to move quickly (like chasing a toy or fleeing from her brother) her back legs seem a little delayed or slow.

Anyway, while I was playing with her tonight she was chasing a toy quite excitedly, and looked like she got tripped up on her own legs, they looked almost like they had gone completely stiff. She lied there, and looked like she was trying to get up but was in too much pain, let alone her legs being able to move. I picked her up and cradled her for about ten minutes while she calmed down to see how she was doing, and after I placed her on the couch, she seemed a little shook up, but otherwise fine. She is walking with no problems now... I am wondering if anyone has any ideas what happened and what I can do about it.

Could it be a cramp in the muscle? Or is there maybe a larger spinal or hip issue? Like I said, she seems fine now, I massaged the leg a little to see if there was pain, and she didn't show any.

Thanks for your help,
Ryan

luckypenny
July 13th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Hello Ryan, welcome to the forum :) .

I have no idea as to what may be wrong with your kitty but I think a visit with a vet would be a good idea.

:fingerscr that it's nothing too serious and she's better real soon.

rainbow
July 14th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Since she has had previous leg injuries I would get her checked out by your vet. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

krdahmer
July 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I agree, you should take her to the vet and have them do some tests.