Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick cat? stressed cat?

fnick
July 13th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I have 2 male cats. Pingpong is 3 years old and Oreo is 2 years old. Ping was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), he and Oreo currently eat science diet sensitive stomach food. We moved into a new home 2 weeks ago, before that we were in a temporary house for 1 month. For the past 2 days someone has been vomiting (looks like pure food, and has happed every so often previously), then massive diarrhea on our new carpet :yell: . After that, I put both boys in the basement, with their litter box and water only (and a couch for them to sleep on). More vomiting (?) the next day (in 3 spots). Noticed Ping has been sneezing, a lot! I'm accusing Ping of the vomiting and diarrhea, but am not 100% sure. Would the sneezing be associated with the vomiting and diarrhea, or just a coinscience? Ping has "episodes" every once and a while (bloody diarrhea); but this is different. No blood. He is eating the very little I am feeding him, drinking, and acting like normal. He's not lethargic @ all. They both seem to have had adjusted to the move after about a week. Oreo hid in a recliner for hours, but Ping was exploring all over the place. Can't think of anything dangerous they may have gotton into. How long do wait until I take him to the vet? When taken to the vet, what tests will the do? Again, could the vomiting, diarrhea and sneezing all be related? I also don't know for sure if it's Ping or Oreo, only know that Ping is sneezing up a storm. Our house is 14 years old, and clean. Is there anything I can do @ home in the meantime?
Thanks for any advice

LittleMomma
July 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure about most of it, but I can tell you my own experience with sneezing. Our cats get colds that sometimes progress to URIs when they are stressed. We just recently moved and one of the kitties sure enough was at the vet this past week for sneezing and runny eyes. Colds are latent viruses in cats that usually make their appearances when they are stressed. But with the vomitting and other symptoms they really need to be seen.

krdahmer
July 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't wait, take them both to the vets and take some of the poo with you. It could be stress cause of all the moving but with all the vomitting and diarrhea, you want to have them seen.