Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cancer relapse help !

budboybudboy77
July 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM
This is a new thread from an existing story of my Buddy who was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in Dec 2006. He went into remission in March 2007 ,story continues here.
I need to get some responses pls.

Buddy just came back today(JUly 11) from oncologist.
The Doctor said it was a relapse and he is in Stage 3b,which is what he was in December ,around 2 and 3.
So anyways he did a cytology from one of the lumps to make sure.
He also measured 8 of the main ones from main areas.
He said Buddy's teeth were in great shape ,mouth,ears and eyes were good too.
Also he was muscular and no other internal problems yet that we or the Doctor knows of.
He just needs to lose 5 pounds.

He had a chemo session today of Cosmegen(Actinomycin) which is supposedly the same has the other 4 chemo treatments Buddy had when cancer was diagnosed which the drug (chemo treatment was L-aspar).

He also had an oral dose of Lomustine(Ceenu) today after the chemo of Actinomycin.
Buddy will also be starting back on Prednisone Tomorrow morning for at least a month.
The Lomustine will be given 1 pill every 3 weeks after today.

This is called first-line rescue therapy and we are hoping this time it works for
a long time!
Still not sure on food to give Buddy he hates the Evo innova stuff.
He is eating now Medi-cal can food with his pro-plan.
Has anyone tried Nature's Variety food?
What about green tea?

If anyone reading this sees something I need to know from what was done or said today or just want to comment with ideas pls go ahead .

Thks

Hunter's_owner
July 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I can't offer any help or advice, but I did want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Buddy:pray: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: Hopefully this time it will work for good:fingerscr

budboybudboy77
July 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I hope so also thks

Bentley'sMom
July 15th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm so sorry about your dog's relapse. One of our family's dogs, a six year old Aussie, is in remission from lymphoma. He just finished chemo a month ago and was initially diagnosed the beginning of January.

I can't comment about the drugs your dog is now being given, but I'll share our food thoughts. Our Aussie ate the Innova Evo for awhile, because it had the high protein, high fat and low carbs which the oncologist recommended. Our dog liked it, but it seemed to give him gas and loose stools. Now he is eating Orijen puppy formula. This is also high protein, high fat and low carbs. He loves it and seems to digest it better. We also include some salmon oil with each meal since the omega 3s are said to be so important.

I wish you and your dog the best.

budboybudboy77
July 15th, 2007, 10:33 AM
thks ever try Nature's variety?

mummummum
July 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I've just posted an answer re: Nature's Variety on your thread specific to that BdBd but I also thought you might want to look at this http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/lth_0296.shtml

budboybudboy77
July 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Ok Thks what would be the best way to give my dog green tea?

+