Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy problem

swissd
July 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
:confused: my puppies usually mostly quiet and likes to play... sometimes for no reason i can tell it jsut starts to bark and run around the house crazily for aobut 2 minuytes... each time i try to stop it or go by it it just barks and runs away then it settles tright after like nothing happneed. by then i could pet it. and i trust me i let it have it excerise... i let it outside for a hour each time. it chews its bone and jogs around so i dont no its problem.

any advice?

p.s. i try to give its toys and treats but it just goes like that for around 2 minutes and stops

LavenderRott
July 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM
That is called the Zoomies!! Just sit back, watch and enjoy.

luckypenny
July 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
One of my dogs does that too but I just open up the back door and he rushes out to continue it outside (he's a little too big for Zoomies inside lol). I love to watch him; the expression of glee on his face is priceless!

Smiley14
July 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Totally normal! My 4 year old dog still has one of these sessions at least once a day. :D

bendyfoot
July 12th, 2007, 10:51 PM
That is called the Zoomies!! Just sit back, watch and enjoy.

Ha! I thought they were called "crazy puppy circles"... I kill myself laughing every time I see it... tongue flopping, eyes rolling, legs flying everywhere, furniture getting crashed into, anything that moves getting chased...all for 5 minutes...then...CRASH!!! Nap time!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2007, 12:00 AM
:laughing: We used to call them "butt tucks"...you know, butt sorta down, legs stiff, tearin' around like a maniac... When I joined up here I saw the term "zoomie" for the first time. It just sounds so much better! :thumbs up :D

But they're absolutely normal, swissd. In fact, if you have a video camera, you should record one or two of the 'episodes'...as dogs get older, they have fewer zoomies...and you're gonna miss 'em when they're gone! :D

Frenchy
July 13th, 2007, 12:05 AM
OH ok , I just figured out what you guys were talking about. Nelly does that from my bed to the living room and then my bed again and so on ! :laughing: Or in the hallway to the guest bedroom , jumps on the bed , I have to reinstall the futon :laughing: , or in the solarium.... ok so she does it too! :D

Ford Girl
July 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Dazy does this every day! Growls and zooms around the house, I have learned to just let her do it, it was nothing when she was smaller but she's 60lbs now so I cross my fingers that she won't break anything! I love to watch it tho. They get this look in their eyes then take off like mad dogs!

Purpledomino
July 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
The "Zoomies".........funny! My Minpin does this around the house, and we've called it the "Butt-low" because her butt is tucked under. Our Bullmastiff does it too, but a different version.......outside thank God! I LOVE watching my dogs doing the "Zoomies", they are having so much fun! :goodvibes: