Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Sitting Servcie

Riluke
July 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Has anyone here ever used a pet sitting service before. I have been coming home each lunch to let Luke out and feed him. I can't continue to do this but I refuse to leave a puppy alone without a break.

I have called several companies for pricing and it is about the same cost as me leaving the office for an hour so at least I can afford it.
I thought about a neighbour but all of them work except one or two that I really don't know very well. I thought about hiring one of the local teens to do it but then I thought harder on that and realized that it probably wasn't a good idea for many reasons.

So yes I am hiriing a sitter for my dog......doesn't that sound odd...:laughing: .

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Ummmm...no (she says sheepishly). My gang have a walker ~ I know I wouldn't want to have to "hold it" for 6-8 hours a day ! It's also added stimulation and training. For a real treat ~ doggie daycare is also great ! When I'm grumpy exhausted and they are a "good" exhausted everyone is happier !

Ford Girl
July 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I looked in to this as well when we first got Dazy but they charge $21 for an hours walk, and that's what they charge for a full day of day care. We go to day care once a week, the other days she is home in her xpen for 6 hours max, and that's not every day as my man works shift work.

I love putting her in day care, she is so tired when we pick her up she eats and goes to bed! It's good on Saturdays too when I have errands to run or want to clean my house.