Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Playtime--Starring Princess Lil Belle and the Hazel Run Pack

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Okay...gonna try to push 10 pics past my already complaining modem...

The Sheriff and the Princess were up on the deck looking around. It was awfully quiet.

"Can't have that," whined the Sheriff.

"Nope," agreed the Princess. "I think I can fix it, though."

So Lil Belle jumped off the deck, trotted up to Brier and barked in his face. "Hey, youngster! You wanna play?"

Mushka
July 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Your dogs are beautiful. They look soooooo sweet!

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Esquire Brier wasn't too sure...the Princess had a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"Um...I don't think so, your Highness. Maybe later!" And he lay in the grass.

"What!?!," barked Lil Belle. "The young upstart doesn't want to play?!"

"Nope, but I think they do!" laughed Brier, pointing with his nose.

Lil Belle looked behind her. While she had been teasing Brier, the rest of the Hazel Run Pack had taken notice and were sneaking up behind her! The Princess wheeled around and got ready for some fun!

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Now if only they would earn a REAL living (instead of really living) Hazel !! great pix as always kid ! And Brier is looking very "fitting-in-nicely".:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
It was Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie who landed the first ear tug.

"Take that, Lil Belle," she yapped around a mouthful of hairy ear.

The Princess dodged and weaved, broke loose and ran down the hill with the Pack in hot pursuit. They ran under the pines where the grass doesn't grow, sending up huge clouds of dust. And of course, they had to bark the whole time or it wouldn't have been a proper game!

They finally ended up under the spruce by the fence in the lower yard and barked in Lil Belle's face.

"Well, Sheriff Cole," Lil Belle barked back. "Are we having fun yet?"

It seemed they were, because the noisy dusty game continued for another five minutes.

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Afterward, as the Pack lay panting and happy in the grass, the good Sheriff looked over at Princess Lil Belle.

"Rested, yet?" he woofed?

"Not quite, Sheriff. Why do you ask?"

Cole was looking at something behind Lil Belle and smiling.

"Well, Lil Belle...looks like your rest is going to be cut short!"

Lil Belle looked over her shoulder and saw Brier, on point, staring directly at her with a mischievous look of his own.

"Uh-oh..." barked Lil Belle and rolled her eyes as she climbed to her feet and shot off down hill. And the Game was on again!

Everyone slept really well that night!

The End

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Yep, they are pretty sweet, Mushka...'cept when they get underfoot on the way down the stairs :laughing: But they're a fun bunch! :thumbs up

So, MMM...got any jobs that require the presence of 7 dogs? I was thinkin' the Iditarod, but they don't pull sleds, they sit on them. They aren't disciplined enough for the circus... Hmmm...

Cole has wanted to go into septic service since the first time we had the tank pumped--he really gets into that love smell... :rolleyes: But he still hasn't saved up enough dog biscuits to buy his own pumping truck... :o

So we're about outta ideas here! :p :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Oooops...hazel's losin' it--that was 11 pics! :crazy:

luckypenny
July 12th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hazelrunpack, you seriously have to get working on publishing children's books. The pack definitely has employment possibilities in the entertainment field. You just have to figure out a way to market their stories.

That was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbs up .

Jim Hall
July 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
since im stuck in the city all these pic posts of dogs having fun is like a small trip to the country for me thanks so much :goodvibes:

Ford Girl
July 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Oh, your pack is beautiful...what are their names? I love that story!! :lovestruck:

I sat here picturing myself with a pack of 7 goldens...it was a nice day dream until I realized how much hair there would be! LOL!!! :laughing:

Their tails and the way their fur looks and their faces kinda look like simular to goldens, do they have simular traits? Soft mouths, people luv'n, easy to train, smart? (Altho that could describe a bunch of breads :) )

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Luckypenny--I looked into it a bit since last autumn, but have sort of given up now. :shrug: None of the publishers ever even emailed or wrote back :shrug: Not even a rejection! :rolleyes:

There just aren't that many publishers taking unsolicited manuscripts of picture books... So we'll just go back to having sticker shock each month when the vet bills come due! :eek: :p

Hey, Jim, you're welcome! I'll try to feed you your "country fix" more often! :D

And Ford Girl, I can tell you from experience that there is just as much hair as you're imagining! :laughing:

Their names are King Ember (an orange with a patch around his right eye, which you can't see in this pic :rolleyes:):

Princess~Queen Cass (a roan tricolor belton):

Sheriff Cole (a perfect blue belton):

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie, Ace Butterfly Chaser (ABC) (a perfect orange belton):

Princess Lil Belle, who is King Ember's littermate, although we've only had her for half as long (a tricolor, with an eyepatch around her right eye, like her brother):

Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, who will someday be a lady but right now is just a little bit bratty (a tricolor belton, though less roan than the Princess~Queen):

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 06:32 PM
And finally, last but not least, young Esquire Brier (another tricolored belton) who just arrived on the scene:

All of them but Brier are on the Hazel Run Pack's website at http://www.hazelrunsetters.com if you want to learn more. And one day, when I can pull myself away from pets.ca for a few hours, I'm going to put Brier on the site, too. I just can't quite figure out how I'll squeeze him in on the home page. :laughing:

They have their own newsletter, too. They work very hard at it. You can get to that from the site through the link to the Setters' Corner toward the bottom of the Pack's home page. :D yes, hazel is a tad nutso

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
That's the best story yet :thumbs up and, as usual, I loved all the pics.....especially the first one of the Sheriff. :cloud9:

Thanks, Luckypenny--I looked into it a bit since last autumn, but have sort of given up now. :shrug: None of the publishers ever even emailed or wrote back :shrug: Not even a rejection! :rolleyes:

That is soooo hard to believe. :eek: I would keep trying......you are awesome at story telling. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 07:12 PM
That's the best story yet :thumbs up and, as usual, I loved all the pics.....especially the first one of the Sheriff. :cloud9:

That is soooo hard to believe. :eek: I would keep trying......you are awesome at story telling. :thumbs up

Awww...gee, thanks, rainbow. :o Maybe I'll try again if I get some time...but hazel's fragile ego just can't stand the blows! :yell:

:laughing:

Actually, lately, I've had no time. I wanna get Brier up on the website, too, but all my free time is spent on pets.ca. :rolleyes: hazel has no self-discipline! Besides which, you keep forcing me to put up pictures! Yes! Forcing! he he :laughing:

wdawson
July 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
those are great.........can't even imagine wiping all those muddy paws though:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 07:28 PM
those are great.........can't even imagine wiping all those muddy paws though:laughing:

hose 'em down and break out the blow dryer! :crazy: he he

otter
July 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I just have to keep reminding myself.... it would not be a good idea to have seven dogs in my 300 sq foot house, it would not be a good idea to have seven dogs in my tiny house, it would not be a good idea to have seven dogs in my tiny house.....

But must remember to put trip to visit the Hazel Run Pack to the top of my "to do" list!

Those dogs are just way too cute and sooooo fun, they (and Hazel) make me laugh and laugh :laughing: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 10:31 PM
The real test comes when you're met at the gate by those 28 muddy paws and oodles of slobber! :laughing: That's why hazel went :crazy: for her dogs--she was won over by the dirt and slime! :thumbs up

:D

Frenchy
July 12th, 2007, 10:33 PM
OMG ! I thought it was one of last week's thread !!! And then I take a peak and it's new pics ! wooohooo ! oouuuhhhh , rent a van Frenchy ,rent a van....

I just love your stories. We have to find you a publisher, almost makes me want to have kids so I can read them your books :eek: but really, I think kids would go nuts over it and parents would love them too !

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I just love your stories. We have to find you a publisher, almost makes me want to have kids so I can read them your books :eek: but really, I think kids would go nuts over it and parents would love them too !

:laughing: It's just the publishers who don't care for the concept! :p

otter
July 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM
If "Walter the farting dog" got published, what are those publishers thinking not jumping on the Hazel Run Pack story bandwagon!

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
If "Walter the farting dog" got published, what are those publishers thinking not jumping on the Hazel Run Pack story bandwagon!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe the Pack just isn't stinky enough...although Brier was beltin' out a few sulfurous notes here and there today... pheweeee! :yuck: :o

:p

otter
July 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
maybe you just need to put those tender moments into your stories :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
maybe you just need to put those tender moments into your stories :laughing: :laughing:

hmmmm...must think about this! :p Perhaps Brier will "inspire" me with a little more volcanic gas tomorrow! :laughing:

Frenchy
July 12th, 2007, 10:58 PM
hmmmm...must think about this! :p Perhaps Brier will "inspire" me with a little more volcanic gas tomorrow! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that's one good way to look at it :laughing:

otter
July 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
GO BRIER :thumbs up

Maybe you just need to sneak a little of that green gas :yuck: into the envelope with the manuscripts (is that what they call a story you submit to a publisher?) and those publisher 'folks will loose all their inhibitions and immediately agree to publish the story :p .

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
GO BRIER :thumbs up

Maybe you just need to sneak a little of that green gas :yuck: into the envelope with the manuscripts (is that what they call a story you submit to a publisher?) and those publisher 'folks will loose all their inhibitions and immediately agree to publish the story :p .

I tried that once, but the envelope burst into flame! :eek:

:laughing: What an odd turn this thread has taken! :laughing: :p :laughing:

TeriM
July 13th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Ummmm, I don't think anyone has done this yet ..........

I CALL DIBBS ON BRIER, HE'S GONNA BE MINE ... ALL MINE :D .

and of course, now that the whole family has bonded they're all gonna have to come with him :D .

Hunter's_owner
July 13th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Hazel I lvoe the pics:thumbs up :cloud9: (and the story-telling :) )

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Ummmm, I don't think anyone has done this yet ..........

I CALL DIBBS ON BRIER, HE'S GONNA BE MINE ... ALL MINE :D .

and of course, now that the whole family has bonded they're all gonna have to come with him :D .

You're gonna need a very large van! :p And you can either bring your own wet suit, or have your street clothes done over by setter slobber when you get here! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Hazel I lvoe the pics:thumbs up :cloud9: (and the story-telling :) )

thanx HO :o

Ford Girl
July 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM
You're gonna need a very large van! :p And you can either bring your own wet suit, or have your street clothes done over by setter slobber when you get here! :laughing:

I too deal with huge amounts of slobber, isn't it fun when a non-dog owner comes over and they are greated with wiggle bums and slobber?? They gross right out, and I say...you can wipe that on my pants if you'd like! lmao!! :D

Your dogs are beautiful, I am very envious of your pack! I want a pack too! haha! I don't think my husband would agree...I will continue to day dream....:cloud9:

I just went on your site, I love it! The pictures are wonderful, their bios crack me up! Those are some serious occupations they have, you must doll out buckets of biscuits each day! LOL! I loved the newsletter too, especially the personals and gossip section!

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I too deal with huge amounts of slobber, isn't it fun when a non-dog owner comes over and they are greated with wiggle bums and slobber?? They gross right out, and I say...you can wipe that on my pants if you'd like! lmao!! :D

They don't usually last long enough at my house to ask where to wipe their hands! :laughing: But I'll have to remember that line just in case someone sticks around for a while... :D

I just went on your site, I love it! The pictures are wonderful, their bios crack me up! Those are some serious occupations they have, you must doll out buckets of biscuits each day! LOL! I loved the newsletter too, especially the personals and gossip section!

If you have any suggestions for personals or gossip, just send 'em along--the Pack always looks at submissions!

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

They're also happy you liked their website. They work very hard on both the website and the newsletter... I wish one of them would get crackin' on Brier's page, but they tell me I'm hoggin' the computer so they can't do it! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
July 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;450829]I looked into it a bit since last autumn, but have sort of given up now. :shrug: None of the publishers ever even emailed or wrote back :shrug: Not even a rejection! :rolleyes:

There just aren't that many publishers taking unsolicited manuscripts of picture books... So we'll just go back to having sticker shock each month when the vet bills come due! :eek: :p

Hazel have you tried any Canadian :ca: publishers??
I think you have a definate story-telling talent & so many great action pics :dog:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hazel have you tried any Canadian :ca: publishers??
I think you have a definate story-telling talent & so many great action pics :dog:

Truth be told...I have no idea which, if any, were Canadian... :o Guess I oughtta go dig out my notes and see!

They'd also be listed in the Writer's Market book, wouldn't they? Or is there a separate WM for Canada? :shrug: I'm a novice at this... :o

Hey, if anyone knows of a publisher that's looking, please PM me! :p OR if you wanna be hazel's agent! :D I pay a percentage of my earnings. :thumbs up Right now, I'm about $2000 in the hole (Given my subject matter, writing off vet expenses is legitimate in this case, don't you think?) :crazy: :laughing: