Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This makes me sick....Man strangles Rottweiler to death

TMac
July 12th, 2007, 12:11 PM
My blood is just boiling. Why get drunk, taunt a rottweiller and then when the inevitable happens and the dog lunges and 'attacks' (who knows what they mean by that exactly), decide you need to strangle it to death???!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=97d676dd-0c92-48e0-a3ee-b76533f188f6&k=13192

Man strangles Rottweiler to death
The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Thursday, July 12, 2007
A man strangled his Rottweiler to death after it attacked his friend in Carp Wednesday night, according to Ottawa Police.
The seven-year-old dog attacked a 40-year-old man in his home on Howie Road at about 8:30 p.m. The Carp man had been drinking and taunting the animal.
The owner of the Rottweiler, a 25-year-old man, strangled it to death to prevent further injury.
The Carp homeowner's injuries are non-life threatening, but he did sustain deep wounds to his arm and shoulder. No charges have been laid.
This is the second Rottweiler attack in the Ottawa area in less than a month. On July 1, a 17-month old girl from Montague Township near Smiths Falls was mauled to death by the family dog, a Rottweiler-German Shepherd cross.

want4rain
July 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
TMac... feel better... as a child i stole a 165lb rottie from a man who beat him with thick steel poles, towing chains.... i slipped his collar and he followed me all the way home. i think i was 6?? i dont know why i approached such a large and scary dog, i never left the yard before that but i heard him crying down the creek from us.

he was my most loyal and fierce friend. my mother let me keep him for 2 years before we gave him to a large family on a farm. he died a few years later in his sleep, a little pudgy and very very well loved.

sometimes they get saved.

that poor rottie will eat that man when he crosses the bridge.

-ashley

Dogastrophe
July 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM
The Carp man had been drinking and taunting the animal.

This is the second Rottweiler attack in the Ottawa area in less than a month.

This was NOT a rotti "attack". This was a response to a provoked event. If this were any dog subjected to taunting the dog's response would likely have been the same. Situations such as this solidify my dislike of most people. :mad:

Love4himies
July 13th, 2007, 11:12 AM
If the drunk man was a friend of the Rottie's owner, I wonder what kind of living conditions this poor Rottie had to live in? Was he constantly being provoked until he snapped?

want4rain:

Some higher force brought you together with that Rottie, you were his guardian angel.

:candle: rottie:rip:

TMac
July 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM
TMac... feel better... as a child i stole a 165lb rottie from a man who beat him with thick steel poles, towing chains.... i slipped his collar and he followed me all the way home. i think i was 6?? i dont know why i approached such a large and scary dog, i never left the yard before that but i heard him crying down the creek from us.

he was my most loyal and fierce friend. my mother let me keep him for 2 years before we gave him to a large family on a farm. he died a few years later in his sleep, a little pudgy and very very well loved.

sometimes they get saved.

that poor rottie will eat that man when he crosses the bridge.

-ashley

Thanks Ashley. Your email did make me feel better. I was so upset about this story I could hardly work the rest of the day just thinking of it! You are an angel to have rescued the rotti when you were just a child. I think the only thing that got me through yesterday was the thought that for every @$%-hole that does this kind of thing to a poor animal, there is someone like you to come along and save some of them! Bless you. :grouphug:

:rip: Rotti.

Frenchy
July 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
This was NOT a rotti "attack". This was a response to a provoked event.

I agree, the last lines were very poorly written. :mad:

TMac
July 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
If the drunk man was a friend of the Rottie's owner, I wonder what kind of living conditions this poor Rottie had to live in? Was he constantly being provoked until he snapped?

Exactly what I was thinking. I bet the poor Rotti's life was pretty miserable to begin with if he had to live with a guy that would allow someone to taunt his dog like that. And someone who thinks its ok to strangle the dog to death as a response.

Could someone please explain to me why these things happen so often in the countryside? Its not the first time I've heard that a dog-owner's solution to a bite was to kill it with their bare hands or a shotgun behind the shed. :mad: If they think its so necessary to end a dog's life - why do it so inhumanely??