Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We Need Your Help.. Pets.ca Peeps!

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Hi all, for those of you that dont know me, I have been a member here for quite some time and very involved in the anti-BSL "movement"
I am the co-founder of the "Pit Bull Co-op"
Recently one of our co-op dogs won the first portion of the PET IDOL contest in her category!
Should Jasmine win the next part of the contest all of the prize money will be donated.. half to BULLIES IN NEED, a great rescue, and half to the Legal FUnd or (BANNED AID)
We have been working like crazy keeping Jasmines lead but we are now about to LOSE it!
We are asking Everyone at Pets.ca to take a few minutes to vote for her.... you just go to the link and vote, then verify the vote with your email!
Bullies In Need has several puppies let alone grown up bullies that need to be transported to good homes out of Ontario, winning this contest would be a great help to those pups!
http://www.petidol.ca/vote_756.pet

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 12:16 AM
OOPS theres more LOL
You are allowed to vote with up to 20 email addresses per day, from each ip address, this is how the votes get so high and why its so hard to compete.. we are already averaging over 300 votes a day! But its not enought so even with all of the "bullie groups" voting we now need to reach out to the whole community!
Thanks guys!
I will try to post a picture here but those of you that know me know that might be tricky LOL
my computer skills arent great!
If anyone has any questions please pm me!
:pawprint:

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Just look at this GORGE-GEE-OUS Grrrrl ? Who could resist a smile like Jasmine's ?

the sandman
July 12th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Normally my mother would kill me for staying up this late lol :D but she has to take care of my older brother who is sick.

just posting to say i voted and i hope jasmine wins she's so cute! :lovestruck: :D

ChancesMom
July 12th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I agree. She is a beautiful dog!!! :pawprint: :pawprint: Two paws WAYYY UP!

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Vote early ~ vote often ! You can vote every day !

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Thanks soo much for the support guys! She is actually cuter in person LOL but the initial category that she won was "most colourful" personally I think she looks better when you can see her cute ears.. I love bully ears... btw she is a staffordshire bull terrier... so little, and is one of Rockys fave girl friends!\Shes small but feisty, Rockys head over heals for her!
You all should come to a pittie co-op walk some time and meet them all!
MUmumumum will atest to the collective cuteness!

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I've been voting every day with both my email addies. Good luck Jasmine. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Normally my mother would kill me for staying up this late lol :D but she has to take care of my older brother who is sick.

just posting to say i voted and i hope jasmine wins she's so cute! :lovestruck: :D

Naw, your mom wouldn't kill you.....she'd be proud that you were voting for Jasmine. :thumbs up

Rottielover
July 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I have 4 email addresses, i will continue to vote

Riluke
July 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM
I have started voting with my two email addresses.....I just love that photo :lovestruck:

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone.. the competitor is still closing the gap! All last week we were 300 votes ahead of everone... and now about 20 and hes coming fast, So any "paws free" today will make a huge difference!!!
Thankyou guys so much for helping!

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 10:13 AM

thanks for doing these pics Mumumum!

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
OMG, she looks like a pit bull my brother had when I was in high school! She's adorable!

I voted with my 4 email addresses. I'll bookmark this. When does voting stop?

mafiaprincess
July 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
July 19th, midnight.

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 11:37 AM
July 19th, midnight.

Yes, but the verification 0f the vote must be done by midnight as well! Last contest (semi finals) my vote went in at 11:58....phew!
Im so glad you guys are helping! Some of our voters lost power yesterday so were hoping things get a little better today!
We were doing so well at one point that BIN was already planning how to use the $$$ and now ::eek: :eek:
But we still have a few strategies left and you guys can play a really big part here... thanks so much for all your help so far, I know Suzannne and I have pmed alot of you too... you are making a big difference.... :grouphug:

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Bumpety-bump !

babyrocky1
July 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
bump... bump... sorry to keep doing this folks but the puppies need their air fare LOL
I just voted and we re-established our 100 point spread but its tight... !
Please keep us afloat!!!
Thanx all!

babyrocky1
July 13th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Me Again,,, were regaining our lead but we have a very long way to go, weekends are always really tough so anything people can do to help will be very, very, much appreciated.. soo please tell your friends and neighbours... well the ones that havent been turned off by the Fiberals Smear campaign... to vote for Jasmine.... Wahooooo!

growler~GateKeeper
July 13th, 2007, 02:36 AM

I've been voting for Jasmine w/both my email addresses. Vote for her today & everyday:lovestruck:

TeriM
July 13th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Voted :thumbs up .

rainbow
July 13th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I'm still voting everyday with two email addies.

mummummum
July 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Vote vote vote vote ....did I mention vote ? :rolleyes:

http://www.petidol.ca/vote_category_most_colourful.pet

bendyfoot
July 13th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Voted again...still want to give her a big ol' smoochie right on her schnozz!!!:lovestruck:

mummummum
July 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
bump !

Come on' ~ how could you not create 20 email addy's just to vote for her ? Look at dat sweetums face ?????????

angeldogs
July 14th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I've been voting everyday

ChancesMom
July 15th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I have been voting daily too...

It looks like she has 100+ over the leading dog... ;)

rainbow
July 15th, 2007, 06:23 PM
BUMP .....keep voting everyone !!!

shirley1011
July 15th, 2007, 07:49 PM
:thumbs up just voted with my two email addy's....will continue...good luck!

babyrocky1
July 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Thankyou Shirley!!!! And thanks again everyone whos votes so far.. pls, keep it up til thursday at midnight!! two votes would be really cool now.. were trying to hit 5100!!!!!:highfive:

babyrocky1
July 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Hi all, just bumping up the thread, only two and a half more days of this but the competion is very much on our "tail" so HEEEEELP LOL!
And thanks so much to everyone who has been helping so far... wahooo:highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

wdawson
July 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM
i created three more e-mail addies.....so thats 6 here.......created 2 more at my mothers house....that makes 4 there.....and got three co workers to join thats 13 in total. jasmine has to win:fingerscr

rainbow
July 17th, 2007, 07:43 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gifGO JASMINE GO http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif

I just checked the votes.....

Jasmine 6328
Zack 6167

Keep voting everyone !!!

jesse's mommy
July 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I opened up 15 more email addresses on hotmail today bringing my total to 20 votes per day! Keep it up peeps! :highfive:

babyrocky1
July 18th, 2007, 12:30 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gifGO JASMINE GO http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif

I just checked the votes.....

Jasmine 6328
Zack 6167

Keep voting everyone !!!
oh those cheerleader smilies are sooo cool... ! just what we needed!

rainbow
July 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Keep Voting Everyone !!!

mummummum
July 18th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I opened up 15 more email addresses on hotmail today bringing my total to 20 votes per day! Keep it up peeps! :highfive:

Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H.P.
July 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
You got my 3

babyrocky1
July 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hey all, just a day and a half left... remember for tomorrow night (thursday) all votes must be verified before midnight to count! One more huge solid push and were done LOL kinda like labour... lol !!!! go Jazzy!!!!!!:highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM
7138 votes .... :goodvibes:

papillonmama
July 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I voted three times today. I tried to make another account but failed miserably. Will vote again tomorrow.

rainbow
July 19th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Last day to vote.....C'mon Everybody !!!

babyrocky1
July 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Todays is the day everyone... we are ahead but competion is serious!!!! so please vote and convince just a few more friends as well... WE ARE SO CLOSE to the end... all votes must be in AND VERIFIED before mdinight tonight!!!! so allow yourself the time to get into your email and verify after you vote!

rainbow
July 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Have YOU Voted Yet ????

jesse's mommy
July 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I just added my daily 20 to the list! :thumbs up

shirley1011
July 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I only managed 5 but I did them again today. Good Luck and I sure hope
Jasmine wins...she looks so adorable.

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Jasmine !Jasmine!

GOOOooooooo...Jasmine !!!!!!!

Frenchy
July 19th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I just voted again but didn't receive anything in my e-mails :frown: does that mean it's finished ? Aren't we suppose to be able to vote until midnight ? :yell:

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I just voted again but didn't receive anything in my e-mails :frown: does that mean it's finished ? Aren't we suppose to be able to vote until midnight ? :yell:

You should have received confirmation as before (that you reply to in order to verify your vote). I've just finished so the window is still open. Try again ? Problem with your ISP ?

mummummum
July 19th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I only managed 5 but I did them again today. Good Luck and I sure hope
Jasmine wins...she looks so adorable.

Thank you Shirley ~ you are a truly generous soul for having done this (I don't know about anyone else but for me this means positive karma for Sable and her return :lovestruck: :fingerscr :goodvibes: )

H.P.
July 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Got my votes in today :fingerscr :fingerscr

H.P.
July 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Did you win?? When/ how do we find out? I stayed up so I could check (I figured that they would post the winner, but all I could find was a sign up page) Oh I hope you won! She is SO colorful and cute and the puppies need her to win!

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I also tried checking and got the same page. :frustrated:

rainbow
July 20th, 2007, 02:00 AM
WOO HOO for Jasmine :highfive:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=454157&posted=1#post454157

babyrocky1
July 20th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hi alll I thought everyone would see the thread in the BSL forum cuz not so much is posted there. but just in case... and why not say it over and over anyhow.... WE WON.....Jasmine is the OFFICIAl Canadian Pet Idol....... So thankyou thankyou, thankyou..... You guys are amazing.!!!!!! And for all of you who fended off the troll that i didnt even see thankyou again!!!hahahahahh
Jazzys owner got the official call and made her appointment for her photo shoot lOl this am.. well noonish i guess... She will be in Octobers issue of Dogs in Canada but will be featured here as soon as i get out on the next co-op walk and get some more shots of her LOL
Im having trouble with this computer at work but on the other thread I also thanked Marko for all the great things hes helped the Pittie Co-op with over the years..but I need to thank the whole Seeker FAmily... for this one too..... lng story but they did amazing Jasmine out reach workLOL Thats Zeldas family, the pretty Pittie recently posted on the Belleville walk!!!! Wahoooooooo everyone,...... I just cant thank you all enough!

rainbow
July 21st, 2007, 01:15 AM
I am so happy for you, Jasmine and everyone else involved !!! :highfive:

http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif