Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Bullie Dog Chew Products

rainbow
July 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
In April, Itchmo posted about a FDA salmonella contamination alert in American Bullie Dog Chew products.

In a follow-up to their salmonella contamination, a FDA warning letter dated June 11, 2007 was sent to T.W. Enterprises, the company that makes American Bullie Dog Chew products. The letter referenced the FDA inspections that were conducted on January 18 and 23.

During these inspections, the FDA not only found salmonella in the products, but they noted that the company had other violations. The company was found to be dipping their products in bleach...

Read the full story at:
http://itchmo.com/read/fda-warning-letter-to-company-that-makes-american-bullie-dog-chew-products_20070710

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 01:46 AM
In BLEACH !!!!?????!!!!!

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 01:55 AM
I knew that some of the rawhide products are bleached but I never realized that some bully sticks were too.

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I bought some of the pizzlers for my gang last autumn. :yuck: Never again !

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Maybe it's only American Bullie that uses bleach. :shrug:

SableCollie
July 12th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I know one of the reasons you are supposed to avoid cheap rawhide chews was that some of them are bleached for a whiter appearance....I was told to never buy rawhide chews that look too white, always buy ones that say "Made in U.S. (or Canada)", and to look for "unbleached" on the label. Not that I buy rawhide anymore.

I had never thought of the bully chews being bleached, maybe they were doing this because they had a salmonella outbreak, trying to kill any bacteria. Could you imagine eating bleach? Yuck. :yuck: It makes you wonder if this is getting to be a common practice.