Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's wrong with my cat? Please help!

cornizzle36
July 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM
When my cat came home today, she was acting strangely. At first, we thought something had spooked her. She sat in the middle of the kitchen, trembling. If she was touched, she squeaked, which is odd because she usually never makes a sound. She retreated to a my bedroom, and had what appeared to be a seizure! Her ear, neck, and leg twitched as her pupils dialated and her body contorted. She finally calmed down, and she is now resting motionless on the bed, eyes closed, feet tucked under her. If she is approached, she doesn't respond. She appears to still be shaking slightly.

I am home alone and terrified. I don't know what to do. What could have happened to her? What can I do to help her until she can get medical attention?

Hunter's_owner
July 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I would get the kitty to the vet asap!

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Winston
July 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Oh my you should get to the vet asap...you never know what this could be! Time could be important! Maybe she was hit by a car? or a seizure! Please dont waste anymore time...go now...Maybe you would consider keeping her in the house in the future!!

Love4himies
July 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Get her to an emergency animal hospital as soon as you can. This may be very serious.

Please keep us posted.

ancientgirl
July 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
If you are alone, please call someone who can take you and kitty to the vet. It sounds like something they need to look at immediately, especially since she's having seizures.

chico2
July 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Sounds to me like she got in to something toxic,this is an absolute emergency!!

wdawson
July 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM
do people really think that they can get advice about something like this over the internet......if this was happening to you would you want me to go on the internet asking for advice or take you too the hospital....:rolleyes:

CyberKitten
July 10th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I really think you should find an emergency vet and take your cat there as soon as possible!!! Your cat - as an outdoor cat - may have eaten something ir someone may have hurt her. You just do not know, nor do we online. I doubt even calling a vet could help - she really should be examined.

Good luck and please let us know how you made out!

Blathach
July 10th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Welcome to Pets.ca cornizzle36,

Unfortunately our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately.

Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.