July 10th, 2007, 07:00 AM
hello, can anyone give advice? I have a 16 week old labradoodle puppy. Last week whist walking she was stung by a wasp right on her bottom. I did treat it with vinegar, but the next day she had a bee land on her. Thankfully it did not sting her. Then yesterday she was stung again on the bottom by a wasp.
Is there anything I can to to ward them off? Help
July 10th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I dont know of any specific brands, but I'm sure there are bug repellants for dogs. Your vet or local pet store probably has something or can suggest something. Just call up and ask. If bugs are problem where you live (and it sounds like it!) they probably get asked about it all the time.
July 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
If you are shampooing/conditioning her frequently or using dawg perfume/ spritzers, the wasps may be attracted to the odour.
July 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I searched and found this home made insect repellent for pets:
You should also keep some Benadryl handy in case she gets stung. You can also buy the store brand with the ingredient "Diphenhydramine". :)