Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A hot and lazy play day at Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Here are some random shots of a few of the Pack members entertaining themselves on a hot summer morning.

First up, the Sheriff, searching for Varmints on the Hazel Run grounds. He insists, of course, that this isn't entertainment, but his solemn duty. :dog: And he's very dedicated. I believe on this particular morning he was hoping...er...looking for Snake. Snake fascinates him--sometimes they have boxing matches (one of these days I'll catch that on tape, I hope! :fingerscr). Snake is an anomaly...Cole can see the head and the tail but he can't puzzle out what Snake did with his body! :laughing:

The Sheriff starts out by cautiously examining the garden for any evidence of Snake's passage (if that pesky Mom weren't standing right in front of him, he'd be in the garden looking for Snake :frustrated: :p):

Once the garden is declared free of Snake, the intrepid Law Enforcement Officer moves over to the rocks and looks there, too. It's nice in the shade, so he'll stay there a while:

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM
You get them cole !!!! Breeze hates snake, so I am glad you are on the prowl
this way when I come visit I don't have to worry :laughing: :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Next up: Princess Lil Belle.

She starts out her day with a quick charge to the far corner of the yard, kicking up clouds of dust under the pines where the grass doesn't grow, and yapping at the top of her lungs. (Very undignified, of course, but Princesses are allowed a minor transgression of etiquette once in a while. :dog:)

Of course, when she's done, she's tired and, since she's such a furry girl, very hot. A quick rest in the cool grass is then in order:

But the sun was too hot this particular morning, so she got up and wandered over to the shade by the house. There she found the Tire Biter Toy. Yum!

She really likes the Tire toy. It's the perfect toy for chewing in a shady spot:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
woohoo ! Hazel is on a roll !

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
And finally (if hazel's connection stops fighting her :frustrated:), a few shots of the New Esquire, Brier.

He's gotten very spoiled very quickly. It's his first experience with central air and he's not sure how he lived without it before! :laughing: So getting him out on the very hot days is a bit difficult...

However, in the slightly cooler mornings, he will attempt to play...half-heartedly:

Or not...:D

"Mom...take pity and let this poor pathetically hot boy back in the cool house, eh?"

Notice the "eh"? He picks it up from his mom! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 05:35 PM
woohoo ! Hazel is on a roll !

I think it's more of a slow thump...thump...thump as my connection speed goes down to zero and vaporizes completely... :frustrated: Had to reconnect 3 times, just on that last post! :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
You get them cole !!!! Breeze hates snake, so I am glad you are on the prowl
this way when I come visit I don't have to worry :laughing: :thumbs up

he he Yep...at the very least we'll have Snake on the run... :D Snake is not very respectful of the Sheriff's authoritay, though--he bops him on the nose rudely most mornings before he slithers out under the fence... :p

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Three down and four to go......don't stop now. :D

We want to see what the rest of your gorgeous dogs are up to. :cloud9:

jiorji
July 8th, 2007, 05:47 PM
yeah no kidding...where are all the others EH??;)

we wanna see them ALL :D

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Sorry...:o Don't have any new ones of the others. Ridge and Macie were moving so fast in the only pics I have of them that they're mere blurs. zzzzzooooooooooooooommmmmm :D And Ember was avoiding the camera after hazel caught him in the act during the Great Peony Raid:

Now he's afraid that any pictures taken of him may be used against him in a court of law! :laughing:

jiorji
July 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
wow Ember is SO beautiful!:cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
But here's what Cass likes to do on hot days in the air-conditioned house:

Or cold days in winter. Or cloudy days...or rainy days...or sunny days...or... Well, you get the idea... :D

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
wow Ember is SO beautiful!:cloud9: :lovestruck:

:yuck: That's such a groaty picture of him...and if he knew hazel had posted it, he'd have her drawn and quartered... He can do that, y'know, cuz he's King! :D I'm sure I have a better picture around here somewhere if you don't mind an old one...

How about...?

Whoops...nope... :laughing: Here...

:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Oh, here's another one of Ember--from the 25th of June:

I think that might be a new one to the forum. :shrug:

jiorji
July 8th, 2007, 06:18 PM
i still like the peony one better cos his ears look so soft :cloud9: i've always loved reds:lovestruck: (ahem...Prince William:o )lol

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
i still like the peony one better cos his ears look so soft :cloud9: i've always loved reds:lovestruck: (ahem...Prince William:o )lol

Ooooo...and King Ember is a softy, jiorji...but his sister, Princess Lil Belle is soooo much softer! :lovestruck: :cloud9: I think you'd like running your fingers through her fur. (She'd love it, too...she's a hedonist at heart! :laughing: She loves gettin' all the petting!)

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey , did I just saw Mister Hazel ? With his girl :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Hey , did I just saw Mister Hazel ? With his girl :cloud9:

Yeah...a girl and her daddy... :D

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
That is a great pic of Daddy Hazel and Cass. :lovestruck: You can feel the love.....she is definitely Daddy's girl. :cloud9:

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Oh, here's another one of Ember--from the 25th of June:

I think that might be a new one to the forum. :shrug:

I think you're right......and, he is so handsome. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks, rainbow. Actually, all the dogs are Daddy's dogs. They only pay attention to Mom when Daddy's at work. :D

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I find that hard to believe. :D Hey, I remember the pics of you and the six pack having a blast sliding down the hill in the snow together. ;)

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I find that hard to believe. :D Hey, I remember the pics of you and the six pack having a blast sliding down the hill in the snow together. ;)

Normally they only do that with me when Daddy isn't home. That particular day they did it because they saw Daddy there with the camera and were showing off... :p

clm
July 8th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I love every one of those pics. You have some beautiful dogs. Have you always had exclusively English setters? Ever have any Gordons or Irish setters?

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I love every one of those pics. You have some beautiful dogs. Have you always had exclusively English setters? Ever have any Gordons or Irish setters?

Cindy

Nope...labs, springers and beagles (hubby did, anyway) before this...then got into the ES. Almost got a Gordon, but with the heat of the summers, thought a black dog would get too hot. Never had the urge to get an Irish--they're beautiful, but too big for me. I prefer something in the "lap dog size": 40 - 65 pounds! :laughing:

JanM
July 8th, 2007, 09:21 PM
From your pictures, Hazel, it's not hard to figure out why you have 7 of them!
Now, wouldn't it be nice to have 8 - an nice, even, round number... :laughing: :laughing:

luckypenny
July 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Now, wouldn't it be nice to have 8 - an nice, even, round number... :laughing: :laughing:

Naw, I think a baker's dozen would be just the right size pack :D . Looking at your pups makes me all mushy inside http://bestsmileys.com/love2/25.gif

Smiley14
July 9th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Oh, even more awesome pictures of the pack! Love Sheriff and the Princess! :laughing: And Brier is just too cute chewing on that kong frisbee. :lovestruck: He sounds like Petey with the Central Air! :laughing: Oh and Cass on her Daddy's lap and then Ember looking just so beautiful! Awww!!!! :cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
July 9th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Great pictures Hazel!!!

I love Lil Belle :lovestruck: and Ember:lovestruck: and Brier:lovestruck: and.....okay I love them all:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Yeah....:cloud9: As a matter of fact, we considered taking another...then reality hit in the form of the credit card bills...all payments to the vet... Sigh. It's been a rather expensive year. So we had to decline :sad:

The baker's dozen, LP, will happen after the lottery win :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Smiley and HO! :o We sure do love our dogs! :lovestruck: And hazel loves to share pics because the Pack loves to hear the compliments! :D

:dog: :dog: :dog: :love: :dog: :love: :dog: :dog: :dog:

TeriM
July 12th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Awww, love all of those pics :cloud9: . Them doggies just get better with every new picture :lovestruck:. Just think of how many people who now want an english setter (ME!) who never even knew they existed before :) .