Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Brier's first weekend at home

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Brier had a lot of new things to learn about. So many things mystified him.

Like, how did mom fit all those breakfast dishes in the drainer? :eek:

Once the after-breakfast nap was over, it was time to play--none too soon for Brier. Unfortunately, it's going to take the grown-up Pack a little while to readjust into Puppy Play Mode.

Not only did Brier not get King Ember to play

but Princess Lil Belle came over to help the King with a Royal staredown.

You can see that Esquire Brier was not yet totally respecting their authoritah! :p

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM
"Hokay," thought Brier, "that wasn't so much fun...let's see what Dad's doing."

But Dad was doing something utterly incomprehensible. He was riding around on a noisy contraption, blowing bits of grass everywhere as he was flattening the lawn.

That didn't look like much fun, either. So Brier went up for a drink of water while he thought of his next course of action.

"Hmmm...maybe if I parade around with a toy in my mouth, I can entice someone else to play with me?"

But the King and Queen Cass were having none of it.

growler~GateKeeper
July 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Hazel I'm in :love: w/your pack they look like they always have so much fun :crazy:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM
"Hrumph!" thought Brier. "This is no fun, either! Maybe Dad is doing something more interesting!"

But Dad was pushing yet another contraption, different size, different color, just as noisy, but still spraying out bits of grass as it flattened the lawn!

Brier snorted. "Dad's in a rut," he whined.

Whatever Dad was doing, it was interesting in a really puzzling sort of way, but not a lot of fun. Still, it was better than sitting alone doing nothing, so he watched till the Hazel Run Daddy was done in the Side Yard, then ran to the fence with the rest of the Pack to welcome him back in the Big Yard.

(Yes, all 7 are there...but it's a crappy picture...:p)

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
After the greeting ecstacies were over, Sheriff Cole pawed Brier on the shoulder.

"Hey, Kid," barked the Sheriff. "Wanna get some on-the-job Deputy trianing and keep watch while I take a bit of a break?"

Brier was excited! "Sure, sir! I'd be happy to help out!"

Brier watched and patrolled and followed the Sheriff around on his rounds for the rest of the day. By the time evening came around, he was pretty tuckered. He grabbed his favorite toy and took it to a shady spot...but he was just too tired to play.

"Oh, well," thought the Kong disk, "I'm sure he'll play with me tomorrow."

Yes, toys have feelings, too, so you should always treat them with kindness. :p

The End. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Hazel I'm in :love: w/your pack they look like they always have so much fun :crazy:

Thanks, growler--hazel's kinda fond of the little munchkins, herself! :cloud9:

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hugs and kisses to the pack and the editor :lovestruck: :cloud9:
can't wait for the next chapter. :goodvibes: <---- me sitting on the edge on my set to find out what is next in store for Brier and the sheriff and of course the pack :lovestruck: :D

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Hugs and kisses to the pack and the editor :lovestruck: :cloud9:
can't wait for the next chapter. :goodvibes: <---- me sitting on the edge on my set to find out what is next in store for Brier and the sheriff and of course the pack :lovestruck: :D

comin' right up, if the line holds...gettin' a little slow, though... :fingerscr

JanM
July 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM
It's great to see your pictures of the pack in action! Beautiful shots and absolutely gorgeous dogs too!

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
thanks, Jan :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Aww Hazel you and hubby are sooo lucky to be able to have and care for these 7 beauties,,,I am in absolute awe over them.:lovestruck:
Brier seems sooo happy,what a lucky dog,he's in heaven,eh:cloud9:

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Great story. :thumbs up I love your picture telling stories almost as much as I love your dogs. :lovestruck: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
The dogs get a lot of practice putting picture stories together when they do the newsletter. :dog: Sometimes ol' hazel'll be out there with the camera and there'll be 4 or 6 of them yapping out directions for what shot to get next... :eek: So many potential pictures, so little time! Oy! It can get so stressful for ol' hazel at times! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

:laughing:

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
It can get so stressful for ol' hazel at times!

Tell Madame Hazel to get off her butt and give poor Hazel some help. :D

Oy!

:laughing: ....whadja say? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Tell Madame Hazel to get off her butt and give poor Hazel some help. :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I'll have to try that! :laughing:

clm
July 8th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I can't get over you having 7 dogs :eek: 7 big dogs no less :eek: :eek: I'm having a hard enough time with 2 little puppies :laughing:
Very pretty, each and every one of them.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I can't get over you having 7 dogs :eek: 7 big dogs no less :eek: :eek: I'm having a hard enough time with 2 little puppies :laughing:
Very pretty, each and every one of them.

Cindy

That's cuz 7 big dogs are less work than 2 little puppies! Been both places, know that for sure! :D

It's nice with Brier in the house now. He's only 10 months (which is about as "puppy" as we're likely to get for a while) so he still has some 'puppy ways'. :cloud9: I missed that!

Smiley14
July 9th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Awwww!!!!! Sweet Brier just really wanted to play! :lovestruck: Maybe he needs another pup his age to keep up with him and to keep him entertained even more. *hint, nudge, wink* LOL, just kidding!

LOVE your story here, I was laughing and awwing all at once!! :laughing: Awesome pics, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happycats
July 9th, 2007, 06:28 AM
What great pictures, with great a story line!! amazing!:)

Hunter's_owner
July 9th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Great story. :thumbs up I love your picture telling stories almost as much as I love your dogs. :lovestruck: :cloud9:

I agree with Rainbow here :thumbs up

Riluke
July 9th, 2007, 09:03 AM
What a beautiful bunch of dogs! I love the editorial that comes with them to, nothing like a good dog story to launch the morning. You must be a woman of great patience to deal with 7...wow ...7 !! :eek:

Jim Hall
July 9th, 2007, 11:36 AM
tymv also!!:goodvibes: is probably the nearest i will get to the country today

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM
What a beautiful bunch of dogs! I love the editorial that comes with them to, nothing like a good dog story to launch the morning. You must be a woman of great patience to deal with 7...wow ...7 !! :eek:

:cloud9: I'm just so ":D" right now! You're the first person to chalk our little piece of bedlam up to patience instead of insanity! :laughing:

Unfortunately, however, I've looked around and I'm pretty sure there's more :crazy:s than :angel:s around here!

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone... :o I'll have more pics back tomorrow, I think, so there may be more stories. I think hazel's been snapping more flower than dog pictures, though. :p She actually managed to not kill a garden or two and she's trying to memorialize the occasion with pictures. :laughing:

TeriM
July 12th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Brier looked like he had a great first day :lovestruck: discovering his new forever home. So do you really wash all the dogs dishes every day :eek: ?

and where are the new pictures you were just talking about :p ?

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 04:40 AM
and where are the new pictures you were just talking about ?

Yeah.....you're three days late. :D

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Brier looked like he had a great first day :lovestruck: discovering his new forever home. So do you really wash all the dogs dishes every day :eek: ?

and where are the new pictures you were just talking about :p ?

Twice a day...:o

Okay, okay...I'll go try to push the pics past my connection. The modem is already steaming from text only messages, though! :eek: :D

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Twice a day...:o

Me too......the dogs and cats get washed twice a day with ours. :)

hazelrunpack
July 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Me too......the dogs and cats get washed twice a day with ours. :)

Ours have to get washed separately since the dog bowls use up all the water and fill up the drainer! :laughing: And I only wash ours, once a day! :o

chico2
July 13th, 2007, 07:14 AM
WOW Rainbow,you wash your cats and dogs twice a day:laughing: sorry,you asked for it:laughing:
I would not give my cats a dirty dish any more than I would eat off a dirty plate myself:cat:

Smiley14
July 14th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Oh, these just totally made my night!!! A little Hazel Pack bedtime story! :thumbs up LOL!

mummummum
July 14th, 2007, 04:29 AM
WaHOOT !Themz a dairn fine lookin' bunch o' critters on the Nutpatch there Hazel!

mummummum
July 14th, 2007, 04:37 AM
:cloud9: I'm just so ":D" right now! You're the first person to chalk our little piece of bedlam up to patience instead of insanity! :laughing:

Unfortunately, however, I've looked around and I'm pretty sure there's more :crazy:s than :angel:s around here!

Ya ~ she's new 'round here. She'll suss you out in no time ya madwoman !

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Ya ~ she's new 'round here. She'll suss you out in no time ya madwoman !

shhhhh--let hazel bask in the glow just a little while longer! :laughing:

Frenchy
July 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
but Princess Lil Belle came over to help the King with a Royal staredown.

Now where is my head this week ? Totally missed that thread too :confused: :yell:

Princess Lil Belle :cloud9:

Just a sea of english setters :cloud9: gosh I wish I could spend one day in your yard with them :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Now where is my head this week ? Totally missed that thread too :confused: :yell:

hazel really has been on a roll. :thumbs up When I post new threads, I'll try to remember to PM you! :p

Just a sea of english setters :cloud9: gosh I wish I could spend one day in your yard with them :cloud9:

Any time, Frenchy, any time! :D