Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Soap for the dog

Crazy_Caper
July 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I just got a shepherd mix and I have not gotten any thisn to was her with! would it her her to use ivory soap or a shampo on her for now :confused:

Crazy_Caper :ca:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 11:42 AM
It's best to wash her with a good doggy shampoo, other soaps are too harsh for their skin. I think human shampoo as too much perfume in it, in my opinion , I would never use it on my dogs.

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Ivory is no good for dogs, either--it's actually quite harsh.

If she really needs a bath and you have no suitable shampoo, try just plain water. Brush her out as well as you can, then rinse her thoroughly. Sometimes that's all they need. Of our 7 dogs, only one has had a dog shampoo bath in the last 3 years... :shrug: Course maybe they all stink and I'm just used it it? :laughing:

Crazy_Caper
July 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
At this time she is quite a stinky :dog: :eek:
Crazy_Caper
:ca: :dog: lover

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Water might still help a little...and I wonder if tomato juice might not help with the odor? It's often recommended for skunk smell, but it doesn't work to well with something that strong. Might work for just ordinary stinkies, though. :D

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
In a jam I use human shampoo but just once.human shampoo is to harsh for their skin and could creat itchies the PH in human shapoo is not the same as dog shampoos....IMO.. I usally use an oatmeal shampoo for dogs..

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Do you not have a store nearby so you can go and buy some dog shampoo?

Crazy_Caper
July 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I do but then did not have any ! I try to wash her with out the soap and it was a fight to keep her in there and had to stop so she would not get hert:o

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah, it can be hard to bath a dog by yourself. Sounds like you need someone to help you. :D

Crazy_Caper
July 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, it can be hard to bath a dog by yourself. Sounds like you need someone to help you. :D

The neighbour gave me a hand and I wached her out side in a short leash

rainbow
July 12th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Detergent??!!! :eek:

Crazy_Caper
July 16th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I got some doggie shampo the next day

shannonxj
July 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I only use dog shampoo and dog soap. :thumbs up