Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sheriff Cole finally feels better about Brier's arrival

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Cole was really disappointed that we brought home a boy, not a girl, when we increased the Pack size to Lucky Seven. He loves girls--they're easy to play with, they think he's handsome, and he loves their adoration. So when Brier arrived, he was a little bit sad. Brier might win over his girls and then he'd have no fan club:

He thought maybe if he didn't look a the young upstart, Brier would just go away:

Princess-Queen Cass saw that her Sheriff was sad and called the girls of Hazel Run into action. "We must cheer up the Sheriff!"

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM
The Hazel Run girls took up the challenge. Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, always up for a fun tussle, grabbed the Sheriff's scruff. "Come play with us, Sheriff!" she barked as she circled around in front of him, whapping him with her hip. Sheriff Cole took as much teasing as he could, and then gave in...

"Okay, LadyRidge...catch me if you can!" And they both took off.

They ran up the hill:

They ran down the hill:

Eventually, all the girls joined in and they trapped the Sheriff by the fence:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:40 AM
The girls barked their admiration for the Sheriff. They surrounded him with cheerful good wishes and showered him with kisses and licks.

Before too long, Sheriff Cole was feeling much better!

"Do you see? The girls still love me, Mom!"

TeriM
July 8th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Woohoo! Love all the pics :cloud9: , especially the first one running up the hill :lovestruck: . More please :D !

Lucy was the same way when Riley first came here. She refused to look at him for two days. I think she kept hoping he was just here visiting :D .

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 12:45 AM
The pictures are awesome :lovestruck: and, I love the way your story telling captions fit in so well. :cloud9: That was very well done. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
And so, knowing he is secure in the girls' affections, the Sheriff has made his peace with the young upstart, Brier. They get along so famously now that Cole has even made Brier his Deputy. They patrol together, Cole showing Brier how to check for Snake and repel Dangerous Butterflies from the grounds at Hazel Run. And they take breaks in the shade together:

And the Sheriff is no longer worried that he'll lose his adoring fans. He is, after all, the Debonair Sheriff of Hazel Run!

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I've got some more--including some lovely shots of the breakfast dishes...no, really, the breakfast dishes...but they'll have to wait till tomorrow since I haven't scanned them in yet. :o

More pictures of Brier, too...but I decided the poor Sheriff needed a little press, first. :D

I was pretty disappointed in this last batch of pics, though--I'd had another 10 or so of another play session--but it was so gloomy that second day that I couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed... Ended up with 10 pics of really blurry dogs :laughing:

Oh, well... :o

Smiley14
July 8th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Oh Hazel, those are awesome!!!! :laughing: :lovestruck: I can never get enough of these 7 beauties!

TeriM
July 8th, 2007, 01:02 AM
The sheriff is sooooo handsome in that last picture :cloud9: .

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Oh Hazel, those are awesome!!!! :laughing: :lovestruck: I can never get enough of these 7 beauties!

Thanks, Smiley. I can't either! :D Good thing, eh? Cuz they're here to stay! :laughing:

More pics tomorrow if I can get a dial tone... :rolleyes: :fingerscr

Smiley14
July 8th, 2007, 01:08 AM
:fingerscr for a dial tone!!!! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 01:11 AM
The sheriff is sooooo handsome in that last picture :cloud9: .

I second that. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Gonna try one last time to post these last pics...Cole wanted me to post them just for you, rainbow, smiley and Teri!

26791 26792

He's just so darn photogenic! :lovestruck: He's huggable, too--especially his big ol' head! :cloud9:

Lost the connection twice already so we must be rotating back to the bad span...so I'm really off to bed now... :D ya, sure, hazel

growler~GateKeeper
July 8th, 2007, 01:32 AM
:love: The Sheriff, he's so handsome & adorable in the "I'm depressed" pics. Sheriff :grouphug: good job on accepting Brier - you'll always be #1 w/the ladies :D

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Cole, thanks so much for insisting your mom post more pics of you. :lovestruck: You are one stunningly handsome boy. :cloud9:

And, PSSSSST.....you're my favourite. :cloud9:

TeriM
July 8th, 2007, 01:37 AM

Sigh ..... I just love his "lightly tousled" look :cloud9: .

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Sigh ..... I just love his "lightly tousled" look :cloud9: .

Ya...he does have his bad hair days... :p

wdawson
July 8th, 2007, 09:44 AM
great pics hazel......love all those dogs:thumbs up

jiorji
July 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM
awwww great story with a happy ending:cloud9:

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 10:53 AM
wooohoo is it my birthday ? Cuz it sure feels like it ! I love all of them equally ( that is why I have to get a big van....;) ) I love all the pic's captions too , you really do know what your dogs are thinking Hazel !

:dog: X 7 = :cloud9:

otter
July 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Awe Cole, Just breaks my heart that you have so many adoring female friends.... I want you all to myself! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Those lucky girls:D

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Awe Cole, Just breaks my heart that you have so many adoring female friends.... I want you all to myself! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Those lucky girls:D

He's always up for one more, otter! He has a big heart! And :love: enough for everyone! :thumbs up

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hazel , be afraid. Be very afraid. I have 2 weeks off coming soon. I'm not saying when ...... :evil:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hazel , be afraid. Be very afraid. I have 2 weeks off coming soon. I'm not saying when ...... :evil:

Between the locked gates, and the Sheriff having a Deputy to help out now, we're not a a'skeered o' no Frenchy no more! :p

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
love the pictures, love the way you tell the story of your seven doggies, I am always egar to read what you have posted about your gang :lovestruck: :thumbs up

to be contuinued...............(real soon I hope):fingerscr

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM
thanks, Breeze :o But I only type what they tell me for the most part! :D hazel doesn't have much of an imagination! :laughing: she's just psycho :crazy:

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 01:49 PM
thanks, Breeze :o But I only type what they tell me for the most part! :D hazel doesn't have much of an imagination! :laughing: she's just psycho :crazy:

psycho is good for the most part.. when I use to make rag dolls, the dolls told me what hair color and clothes they would like to wear and people thought I was psycho.. But the dolls sold really well :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
psycho is good for the most part.. when I use to make rag dolls, the dolls told me what hair color and clothes they would like to wear and people thought I was psycho.. But the dolls sold really well :laughing:

:highfive: We need to start a :crazy: Club! :thumbs up :D What fun we could have! :laughing:

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hunter's_owner
July 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Great pics:cloud9: and great captions :laughing:

I love Cole's bad hair day:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I love Cole's bad hair day:lovestruck:

As I recall, that was a snowy day. He came in totally frizzed out like that once the snowballs melted out of his hair. :p

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cops/4.gif

Back Off Everyone.......Cole is Mine !!!

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Back Off Everyone.......Cole is Mine !!!

Whom ever gets to Hazel's house first :D

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Whom ever gets to Hazel's house first :D

Too bad you have to work, Frenchy......no time off for you :laughing:

clm
July 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
The bad hair day pic is too funny. He really is a very handsome boy.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Hmmmm...perhaps hazel should double the guard! :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
The bad hair day pic is too funny. He really is a very handsome boy.

Cindy

he he He's got his mother's hair...no, not mine...his doggy mom! She has the flyaways, too. :lovestruck: I love Pinecoble Hannah. We got Cole cuz he was Hannah's boy... :cloud9:

luckypenny
July 8th, 2007, 08:48 PM
:highfive: We need to start a :crazy: Club! :thumbs up :D What fun we could have! :laughing:

Umm, I thought that's pets.ca :confused: :D .

Think you need to triple the guard, Hazelrunpack. Awesome pics :thumbs up , awesome doggies :cloud9: .

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Oh, yeah... :laughing: I guess that's one of the reasons I signed up! :thumbs up :crazy:

Actually, we've quadrupled the guard, given the heightened state of alert the dogs are in after reading this thread. Sheriff Cole, Princess Lil Belle, Deputy Brier, and (of course) the Princess-Queen are keeping an eye out for you, ready to raise the alarm and call in the others--all the better to mob you at the gate and chap your faces with ferocious kisses and vicious slobbery drool. :D They do :love: company!!

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: