Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My new neighbors Husky...

chico2
July 7th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I told you girls a long time ago about my nice Landskaper neighbor(28yrs old),he has completely redone his house and garden..
Anyway,he bought an all white blue-eyed Husky-pup,she is now 7 months old,absolutely adorable and already very obedient.
I took some pics,but could not get her to stand still for me:yell:
The owner told me he paid $2.000+for her at PJ's petshop:yell: in Burlington.
Not that I will ever say anything to him,but is it possible they would charge that much at a pet-shop??
Here are the pics,one day I'll try to get better ones...she just gets sooo excited when I come over,knows I have treats.
Sometimes she does not even look like a Husky,more like a White Shepard,but then those beautiful blue eyes..

sugarcatmom
July 7th, 2007, 04:27 PM
The owner told me he paid $2.000+for her at PJ's petshop:yell: in Burlington.
Not that I will ever say anything to him,but is it possible they would charge that much at a pet-shop??

She sure is a fine looking doggie. Too bad about the pet-store factor though.:sad: Not sure what the going rate for Husky's is these days, but I do know that here in Calgary, Petland was selling BMD pups for $1800! (not that I ever buy anything there, a co-worker told me).

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Siberian Huskies are about $400-$600 so your neighbour definitely paid too much. :sad: Nice looking dog though :lovestruck: but definitely need a pic with her blue eyes. :cloud9:

Oh, and don't forget.....Frenchy wants a pic of the neighbour too. :laughing: You can get him to hold her still so we can see the blue eyes and him. :D

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Chico2 , we can't see his face ! :yell: not even the legs :sad:

Oh , the dog , yes , the dog , nice doggy too :D

I would tell him Chico2 , just explain to him these dogs at pet shops are from BYB / puppy mills , not from quality breeders. $2000.00 at a pet shop ... he got screwed big time. :shrug:

jiorji
July 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Siberian Huskies are about $400-$600 so your neighbour definitely paid too much. :sad: Nice looking dog though :lovestruck: but definitely need a pic with her blue eyes. :cloud9:

HA!! Pj's is known to overcharge for pets. I've never EVER seen pups there lower than $1 000 but oooohhhh you get to pay in rates monthly! REJOYCE!:goodvibes: :frustrated:

jiorji
July 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
oh by teh way....really cute pup chico...a new one you get to babysit??:cloud9:

luckypenny
July 7th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Gorgeous puppy! Your neighbor certainly overpaid though. The Petland near my place charges 1200$ + for puppies. Last time I went in, they had some mixed breeds at 600$ +. I can't figure how they get away with it :confused: . For that price, you can get a puppy from a Rescue spay/neutering/vaccines included. And you'll have enough left over for a crate, some food, toys, and obedience school. I guess the pet stores target those people who haven't done their research :shrug: . This is where "CONSUMER BEWARE" applies.

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Well,first off Frenchy:laughing: I don't think he would be your type,he's kind of scrawny and only about 5'7,really nice though;)
He is well aware of puppy-mills,but says he had been looking for a white,blue-eyed Husky for a long time.
So far she's healthy,has been spayed etc...and yes,I am keeping an eye on her(Fate):laughing: she has run off a couple of times:yell: he decided not to fence his backyard(huge!)to show off his landscaping skills.
He has quiet a few parties and I do worry she'll run off again,when people get drunk and she's off leash:sad:
Luckily he lives across the street from me,so parties don't bother us,he is only 28 after all.
His 3 cats are at his grandmothers(while the house was gutted) and I hope they'll stay there:fingerscr
I will try to get a pic of her beautiful face,she's attached to a looong lead when they are working outside and she gets soooo excited.
Yes,I told him Huskys do not do well in the heat,so he keeps her inside if it's too hot.......

ancientgirl
July 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
That sure is a beautiful dog. I had a friend years ago who had a white Malamute, this looks just like him. Lovely dog!

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 01:52 PM
She sure is a cutie! :lovestruck: Definitely need a shot of the eyes, though! :thumbs up

um...have you introduced her to your cats, yet, Chico...especially...ahem...to he who shall remain nameless but sometimes reacts a bit unpredictably to strange doggies at the door? (:eek:)

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
No Hazel I have not and it's not going to happen:laughing:
Fate is very,very pretty,a little too skinny for a pup,but I don't want to be too intrusive,I just wonder how much he feeds her and what,I'll find out soon enough:laughing:
How often is a 7 month old pup supposed to be fed?I have a feeling he only feeds her once /day.
This is his first ever dog,so he seems to appreciate advice..

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I think at least twice daily is recommended for pups 6 months and older...

Some dogs just don't fill out very quickly as pups. Brier feels like skin and bones and although he eats like a horse and gets more than any of the others, the only appreciable difference we can notice is in his neck--had to let out his collar a notch. He's a lanky boy with a fat neck! :laughing: :o I suspect he's not going to start filling out till he's closer to a year in age.

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Thank's Hazel,I have to thread a little carefully,don't want to seem like a buddinsky,he is showing me the inside of his house tomorrow,so I'll ask him how often and what he feeds her.
I remember seeing him carrying a large bag of Science Diet at one time:yell:
He also did not think of leaving her a bucket of water when it's warm outside,but now he does:dog:

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
You're a good neighbor, Chico! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks for educating your neighbour, Chico. :thumbs up Science Diet? :eek: :yuck: Does he have a computer? :fingerscr ....you could give him the pets.ca website. :D I really wish he would at least put up a dog run for her instead of tying her up. :sad: Does he take her anywhere to run? :fingerscr

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Well,first off Frenchy I don't think he would be your type,he's kind of scrawny and only about 5'7,really nice though

But, Frenchy only weighs 100 lb. so she needs a lightweight. :thumbs up :D

he decided not to fence his backyard(huge!)to show off his landscaping skills.

He can teach Frenchy how to grow flowers. :highfive: :D

He has quiet a few parties

Frenchy loves parties too. :crazy: :party: :D

CyberKitten
July 8th, 2007, 06:17 PM
What does your neighbour do Chico? (I am thinking for Frenchy, lol)

We had a Siberian Huskie puppy when I was a toddler and growing up - they are beautiful dogs!!! Ours was very protective buy extremely friendly - and got along with our cats but he would not have much choice in our family, lol Alas, he was hit by a car - someone entering OUR driveway!! W (my sister and I) saw it and the scene is forever etched in my mind!! (as is the funeral we had for him later - we so loved that dog!) So it's too painful for me to ever get another of that breed. He was gentle too - since he was bigger than we were for part of my life!

Sorry to hear he got him in a pet store but at least he has you as a neighbour so maybe he'll learn more about pet care! Huskies hate hot weather - they definitely need lots of water in the heat! And as a white dog, he should not be in the sun too much! (White cats and dogs are more prone to skin cancer - just like humans!)

Frenchy
July 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
But, Frenchy only weighs 100 lb. so she needs a lightweight. He can teach Frenchy how to grow flowers. :highfive: :D

Frenchy loves parties too.

:laughing: Thanks but right now , a bf with a dog is out of the question :laughing: too many dogs here already. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: + :cat:

breeze
July 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM
a seven month old?? usally eats twice a day I would think. Nakita always had to be tied up when we were outside she was known to run away any chance she got, nakita did not alway drink very much either. It is also better to keep huskeys a little under wieght cause of thier hip problems. and bruch her everyday, she could shed alot in the summer months.

beautiful dog, it reminds me a nakita :rip: when she was that small.

jiorji
July 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Sometimes she does not even look like a Husky,more like a White Shepard,but then those beautiful blue eyes..

now that i reread that...i see what you mean. He could be a cross in which case pet store lied AND overcharged:cool:

chico2
July 9th, 2007, 07:14 AM
CK,he is a landscaper,has his own business with 4 employees,he's totally changed the neglected house he bought,inside and out.
I don't think Fate is suffering any hardship,she is tied up on a LONG lead only for short periods and never alone.
The owner often takes her to locations with him and that's what he plans on doing.
I think she's a happy pup,obviously loved very much.
She cuddles up to anyone that comes to the house and there are many..
I will give him this site,in case he has any questions or problems with her,but first I have to remove the"short and scrawny"bit:laughing:

Maybe he is perfect for Frenchy after all,but there is a BIG problem,he wants to get married and have at least 3 kids:laughing:

OC_Spirit
July 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Aww what a lovely young pup!!! I hope everything works out for these two as it is very common for people to buy a Husky wanting that "gorgeous dog" and then they between 6 months and 2 years the cute little puppy becomes what a Husky truly is they aren't knowledgable enough to work with the dog properly and the dog takes over. He is lucky to have such a valuable source of info (you) close at hand though so hopefully it will be a success!!!! You should tell him about the dogsled races that take place annually at the Kortright Centre (close to Wonderland). They have two, one in January and one in February. I have raced there a few times and it is a great place with lots of friendly mushers (including myself!) who come out to race.

If he ever has any questions I would be more than happy to help out in any way possible and if he would like some one-on-one help with someone who knows Sibes, I know of a few good mushers in your area.

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Maybe he is perfect for Frenchy after all,but there is a BIG problem,he wants to get married and have at least 3 kids:laughing:

nooooooo :laughing: altough I would love to have Chico2 as a neighbor :thumbs up

dtbmnec
July 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Awww such a pretty puppydog....

*drools*

Megan

chico2
July 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
OC Spirit,I am printing out your post and giving it to James,that way he might be interested in joining our Forum:thumbs up
I thought all Huskys had permanently curly tails,but yours don't either,so Fate probably is a pure Husky,she is adorable:lovestruck:

Frenchy,be careful what you ask for,but then again,you are good to your dogs and others,so you would not be bothered by me:laughing:

dtbmnec
July 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hehehe you guys are worse than a matchmaking service :p

Megan

erykah1310
July 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Frenchy loves parties too. :crazy: :party: :D

Frenchy prefers "sexy parties" if im not mistaken... is he up to "sexy parties"???? :laughing:

krdahmer
July 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
That is one pretty doggy... and I bet she's glad she has such a nice 'nosy' neighbour to make sure he takes good care of her!;)

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
but then again,you are good to your dogs and others,so you would not be bothered by me:laughing:

Maybe not for the dogs , but what about my kids ? :evil:

http://bestsmileys.com/misbehaving/1.gif

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Frenchy prefers "sexy parties" if im not mistaken... is he up to "sexy parties"???? :laughing:

That was wishfull thinking :laughing:

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 08:56 PM
:offtopic: sorry about that.

Back to our regular programming. :cool:

chico2
July 10th, 2007, 06:55 AM
"Kids"???What are those??
I do LOVE little kids,for about 5 min at a time....done that,been there:laughing:

chico2
July 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
A couple of pics I took of Fate today,she had to stay outdoors:sad: there was painters in the house,owner was at work.
I took these from my backyard,will get nice close-ups of her beautiful face soon,I promise.
I just adore her,gave her some fresh water and a couple of treats,I think she is becoming my friend:laughing: :laughing:
When I go to her without the owner there,there is no way I can get a closeup shot,she's all over me..:dog:

Stacer
July 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Awwww, she's so cute, hopefully you can guide your neighbour to give her some good food and research about the breed. She's definitely a pretty pup.

Frenchy
July 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I love the second pic : I can see you neighbor ! :laughing:

She does look good :lovestruck:

chico2
July 12th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I am just:pray: tying her outside all day was just because of the painters beeing there,not something that's going to be happening every day:pray:
I don't know much about Huskys,but I know they do not deal with heat very well.

OC_Spirit
July 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Awww she is very lovely. Tough to see in the pictures but her head shape doesnt look very Sibe to me so Im almost wondering if puppy mills arent crossing Sibes with White GSDs to get these white Sibes with blue eyes that the public seems to crave so much....Hmmmm Either way though she is cute and I do hope your neighbour doesnt end up with a ton of vet bills!!! I believe I said this before but if not, if you guys have any Husky-specific questions or problems I would be more than happy to help!

mummummum
July 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Well, weren't we "introduced" to the neighbour when he was all tanned and shirtless, glistening with the sweat of he-man work ?

(:laughing: don't worry chico2 ~ I'll delete that if he ever swings by this way ... but now that I'm thinking about it why are all my neighbours gay or decrepit ? And why are all the landscaper guys I see, not ummmmm...attractive ? I need to get out more I think !)

chico2
July 12th, 2007, 03:50 PM
MUMx3:laughing: :laughing: actually he is kind of cute,but needs another 30lb's at least!

OC_Spirit,when I first saw her,I right away thought white GSD,she is very leggy and slender,her nose is longish,but what made me think she might still be a pure Husky,is her nose is slightly upturned,seen in profile.
I'll get some more and better pics,one thing for sure,Fate is a very sweet dog,I got lots of kisses from her today.
When I get a chance to talk to James,I'll give him the print-out from you and see what he says.
He'll have much more time in the winter to dedicate to Fate,right now he works a lot.