Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OFF LEASH PARKS in London ON one step closer!!

lezzpezz
July 7th, 2007, 01:52 PM
WOOHOO! Any Londoners who are not busy Monday July 9th, say around 5:10 pm. may wish to attend the following meeting at City Hall, re: the approval of Greenway Park as the next site for an off leash park!!

See YOU THERE!

Off-leash Dog Parks Report on Off-Leash Area Site Evaluation Monday, July 9, 2007, 5:10 p.m., City Hall, Committee Room #3 (2nd Floor), 300 Dufferin Avenue. The Community and Protective Services Committee will hold a public participation meeting to receive delegations and their comments regarding the establishment of a new off-leash area in Greenway Park, as well as other identified sites for future Off-Leash Dog Parks in London. The Civic Administration is reporting back on all potential off-leash area sites based on the application of the approved site selection criteria. Information pertaining to the potential sites can be obtained in person from the Planning Division, Room 608, City Hall, 300 Dufferin Avenue or the City's website at www.london.ca.

At the same time, the ETC will also hear an animal report. It is called "Improvements to Animal Welfare - Amendments to the Animal Care & Control Agreement and upcoming initiatives" in short form, the ACC Contract. This item is scheduled for 4:40 in a different room. Wish I could do both, but one or the other.

Lezzpezz

NoahGrey
July 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
We have a off leash park here that just opened as well. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that we have one, but at the same time ,I can't help but wonder HOW much more busy am i going to be at work. And I am ALREADY VERY BUSY at work *L*

ACO22

mummummum
July 7th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Nice going Lezz !

I know you see this a victory ~! in TO we will see it as a defeat.

lezzpezz
July 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
We have a off leash park here that just opened as well. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that we have one, but at the same time ,I can't help but wonder HOW much more busy am i going to be at work. And I am ALREADY VERY BUSY at work *L*

ACO22

Not sure how having a new OLP will keep you busier at work....Musta missed something.

And Mumumum, I realize that TO is having a dickens of a time right now and you face much turbulence over your off leash parks at the moment. I am really sorry for that. It is really discouraging to read about the difficulties that those in Toronto who work hard at obtaining and maintaining the parks, are facing now. I just wish to inform others in London and dog owners who may be travelling to London, about our possible new parks, and I don't mean to offend those in Toronto at all! We may very well face some insurmountable hurdles in the future too, when it comes to these parks....already have had our fair share of crap to contend with.

Lezzpezz

NoahGrey
July 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Not sure how having a new OLP will keep you busier at work....Musta missed something.
Lezzpezz

Dog bites, Aggressive dogs. Yes, the stupid people will being their dogs to the park. Dogs that have bitten will have to be quarintine for 10 days.

ACO22