Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

EARS volunteer seminar in TO tomorrow

lezzpezz
July 7th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Just wanted to let folks know that I am off the the EARS, (Emergency Animal Rescue Service), seminar in Toronto tomorrow, and training to be an animal rescue volunteer. Since Hurricane Katrina, I have wanted to be involved in this as the animals suffered horribly because there was no plan in place to deal with a disaster of such magnitude at the time. If you recall, hundreds upon hundreds of family pets and other animals died and were displaced, never to be reunited with their owners. Many owners were forced to leave their companion animals behind. Just a very sad chapter in our history, for people and animals......

I could not imagine being put in that position. I could not leave my pets behind.

Anyway, I will be a trained EARS volunteer by 6pm tomorrow, as will a few other Londoners, and we will be ready to serve and help out if and when the time comes! I passed the ICS course offered through UBC, (similar to the FEMA course for US citizens), with flying colours.

Looking forward to the course in TO and will be up before dawn to head out for it!

Cool, eh?

Lukka'sma
July 7th, 2007, 07:27 AM
That's fantastic.

badger
July 7th, 2007, 08:23 AM
What a brilliant idea and sadly something that might be increasingly needed in future. I am green with envy :p .