Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update - Tilly and the 4 kittens

dmc123
July 6th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I made a new thread because this is kind of a different story.

The 4 kittens, Andy, Katie, Stanley and Fergie are doing very well. They had their 2nd kitty vet visit yesterday - all are healthy and growing. They range from 2 lbs 6 oz to 3 lbs 5 oz. No pictures this time, they are too hard to catch in fast frame and pics of them sleeping can be quite boring, LOL. They still love early morning hours to play and wrestle on my bed...ugh! but they are more adorable every day.

As for Tilly, the mama, her spaying appointment is this monday, July 9th. Good thing - because her daddy - and the most likely candidate to be the daddy for the babies - has been stalking her. She must have gone into heat again. We were trying to monitor her closely knowing she can't be spayed while lactating, but it seemed to take forever for her to dry up. Maybe because she is outside on the porch and could hear and see her kids....I don't know.

Either way, she will be fixed on Monday.

Now about the dad...wonder if I should try to trap him? But if she is no longer in heat, I doubt we'll see him again for awhile.

Funny story - I told my sister about this tomcat - she said "What? Does he have her schedule marked on his calendar?" LOL seems he did....

Take care all, more pictures soon.

Diane

Frenchy
July 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I'm glad the kitties are doing good and that momma cat is getting spayed :thumbs up

Monsieur le chat wasn't neutered when I got him , and I coudln't wait for it !!! This cat was sooo vocal ! My vet told me he probably smelled the feral momma cat at my neighbors (and he's an indoor cat, even if all doors and windows were close , seemed he could smell her!)

CyberKitten
July 7th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I would trap him - and find a place to keep him apart from the others so there are no viruses and infections prior to taking him to the vet. He needs just as much to be cared for and have a family as do the other kitties! You can get a humane trap from the SPCA or other animal rescue groups.

Good luck!! :thumbs up

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Glad all the kitties are doing well and Momma is getting spayed on Monday. :thumbs up I would try and trap Big Daddy if at all possible and get him neutered. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

dmc123
July 8th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

About trapping the Daddy, that was kind of a joke, I don't know who he belongs to...he is obviously fed well from somewhere or someone. I just wish he wasn't wandering around making babies with others who haven't been fixed. Who knows how many he has fathered...!!

Diane

dmc123
July 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Update on the update.......ugh!

We didn't get Tilly to the clinic today. She outsmarted us.
She would not come near enough for us to touch her much less catch her. If you haven't been following my story about Tilly and the kids, Tilly was/is almost feral. We've been able lately to get closer and closer to her, at times we've been able to provide some good long pets. Perhaps since she is in heat again already, she is more skiddish. Anyway, roomie was up at 6:30 am to "pretend" to feed her and put her in the crate/carrier. She would have nothing to do with either of us.

So now we have an appt on Friday morning. Starting Wed, we will try to catch her and/or trap her in the cage....anything so we can get her in for the spaying. I feel sure she is already pregnant.

Please wish us luck catching her......

In the meantime, we are still having a great time with the kittens, and I posted 2 new videos on my site. Please realize if you click on one for the first time, it may take 20-30 seconds to load. If you do wait, I think you will agree that they are cute.

Find them here...scroll to July 2007 for the new ones:

http://curdfiles2.myhandylinks.com/canines/kitten_video.html

Take care all,
Diane

Rainy
July 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Good luck with catching the momma and your vet should have the appointment but should have left an open appointment for you because ferals don't always cooperate!:fingerscr

dmc123
July 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks, they seemed to be sympathetic and understanding, so far they are working with us. I just hope we can catch her before she has any more kittens.

Diane

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Anyway, roomie was up at 6:30 am to "pretend" to feed her and put her in the crate/carrier. She would have nothing to do with either of us.

Momma cat knew :sad:

dmc123
July 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
yes, she sure did! lol she is a smart girl!

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I wish I could offer advice... a trap with tuna in it ? :confused:

dmc123
July 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM
lol yes...we can trap her, I think...we were trying to just catch her without using the trap, we thought she was trusting enough. Now we go to the trap!

Gotta do what is necessary now.

Diane

Frenchy
July 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Good luck :fingerscr I know all the cats I had loooved olives , maybe make a tuna/salmon/olive cake :D

dmc123
July 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Frenchy, should I be worried about catching her now? Really work on enticing her? Have you done this before, if so, please keep on with advice.....

Diane

dmc123
July 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM
After two missed appointments to get spayed, half feral Tilly was finally caught today! I feel only a tiny bit bad that she will stay in the cage until Monday...she has been a pill to catch! I will post a couple of pictures of the prisoner, one with her sister Holly sitting nearby - I think Holly is sympathetic.

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief, I was about to give up on her. Her new appointment is early Monday :)

Diane

dmc123
July 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Now some more that aren't "prisoner" related....

1. Rudy and Andy....now isn't that adorable
2. Andy all relaxed

dmc123
July 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
and one more for tonight....

Fergie and Stanley being sweet

Have a great weekend all.

Take care,
Diane

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Awww... how cute!:lovestruck: I love those quiet sweet moments.