Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

serious wet liquid yellow pupu problems

chrisxna
July 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
i have 2 huskies, 1 i have it since a baby and 1 i just adopt it..
they are both around 1 yr old.. but my old dog Healthy always have the wet liquid pupu.. and is having that for like few months, i try different doctors and no doctor can help me.. they only say that your dog may eat sth bad and make them have pupu like that, but i dont' think this will last for few months? i hope someone can help me.. please? i am so worry about my dog..:sad:

bendyfoot
July 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
You need to find a vet who will explore this problem with you.

Chronic diarrhea is not the result of "eating something bad", it's the result of an illness or chronic condition. Whatever it is, you should be able to manage it once you figure out what the problem is.

Have you done any fecal testing for parasites? Has any bloodwork been done? X-rays of the abdomen? Have you tried changing his diet to something hypoallergenic?

chrisxna
July 5th, 2007, 01:20 PM
:o i already went to the vet do the fecal testing for parasites, the vet said all look fine to him and her.. and also change the food from puppy to adult.. but is like a month ago already.. i think i may need a x ray for my dog... i dont' know which vet is good..

bendyfoot
July 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
If you know any other dog owners in your area, ask them for recommendations...someone should be able to get you started on finding a new vet that's more helpful.

Did any of the vets ever give you any medications to try?

As for the fecal tests...there are several tests you can do. The basic test can only detect certain parasites, not all...you may want to ask about more extensive fecal testing. One of my cats had bizzarre diarrhea for quite some time, and until we did an ova/parasite test, we weren't able to figure out that it was some kind of weird protozoan causing the problem, something I'd never heard of before. The test is more expensive, but worth it when you can figure out how to treat the problem.

The diet change I was talking about is one that is meant for dogs with food allergies (it can be either for puppies or adults)..there are lots of different kinds but a vet should be able to recommend one.

I wish you good luck...this kind of poo problem is no fun for you or the poor dog! :fingerscr

chrisxna
July 5th, 2007, 02:37 PM
absolutely, is hard to pick up the pupu too, haha, thank you so much!!

chrisxna
July 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
i just read an article saying that Canned pumpkin is good for dogs with diarrhea problems, do you think is true???:confused:

Ford Girl
July 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, canned pumpkin, not the pie filling, but pure pumpkin, regulates both consipation and the runs, however it's not a long term solution. It does work well tho.

What food are you feeding and how much? How often? How much do your dogs weigh? Do you feed them treats, if so, what kind? Over feeding of a rich food will cause this, so will allergies to protien or grain.

chrisxna
July 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
really?? where can i buy the good canned pumpkin, u know?
i feed my dogs natural choice dry food, 2 times a day, 2 cups and half for each, they weighs around 45-50lbs, i also feed them treats, they are all different kinds...

rainbow
July 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM
i feed my dogs natural choice dry food, 2 times a day, 2 cups and half for each, they weighs around 45-50lbs, i also feed them treats, they are all different kinds...

Are you feeding your dogs 2 1/2 cups at each feeding? If so, that is way too much and would definitely cause diarrhea. I have a Siberian Husky that weighs 58 lbs. and I feed him 1 cup of food in the morning and 1 cup at suppertime.

Also, Siberian Huskies are known to have loose stools when they are young and their digestive systems don't fully mature until they are about 18 months old. I believe Natural Choice has corn as an ingredient which is hard to digest. I would stop feeding that to your dog and put him on boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days until the diarrhea stops. Once the stools firm up start feeding him a premium holistic food that does not contain corn. I had good luck feeding Innova (www.naturapet.com) to my husky when he was having the loose stool problem.

rainbow
July 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Also, stop all the treats you are giving him until his stools firm up. :pawprint:

chrisxna
July 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Are you feeding your dogs 2 1/2 cups at each feeding? If so, that is way too much and would definitely cause diarrhea. I have a Siberian Husky that weighs 58 lbs. and I feed him 1 cup of food in the morning and 1 cup at suppertime.

Also, Siberian Huskies are known to have loose stools when they are young and their digestive systems don't fully mature until they are about 18 months old. I believe Natural Choice has corn as an ingredient which is hard to digest. I would stop feeding that to your dog and put him on boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days until the diarrhea stops. Once the stools firm up start feeding him a premium holistic food that does not contain corn. I had good luck feeding Innova (www.naturapet.com) to my husky when he was having the loose stool problem.

thx~ i went to the website that u gave me, they have a lot choices for Innova, which one should i choose? for my doggies are around 1yr3months... and do i change back to the original food after they stop the problem??:dog:

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
thx~ i went to the website that u gave me, they have a lot choices for Innova, which one should i choose? for my doggies are around 1yr3months... and do i change back to the original food after they stop the problem??:dog:

This one: http://www.innovapet.com/products/default.asp?id=1

i feed my dogs natural choice dry food, 2 times a day, 2 cups and half for each, they weighs around 45-50lbs

Are you feeding them 2 1/2 cups each at both feeding times? If so, that is way too much and would also cause the diarrhea. I was feeding my 58 lb. husky one cup in the morning and one cup at suppertime.

Do they still have diarrhea now?

chrisxna
July 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
thank you, i will go buy it and try~:thumbs up
actually i am feeding them 2cups and half for the whole day for each, coz i looked at the back of the food bag and it say so..?
yes, they still have the wet yellow pupu, sometimes do sometimes don't... makes me worry, coz my old dog Healthy have been like this for few months now...doctors only said he eats sth wrong.. and check the pupu but nth wrong.. :pawprint:

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I would feed them boiled chicken and boiled rice for a few days until the diarrhea stops. And, NO treats.

When their poops have firmed up start feeding just the Innova.....no more than 1 cup at each meal. I also add a tablespoon of yogurt to the food. It must be plain organic yogurt with the active cultures and no sugar or flavours and especially no artifical sweeteners in it.

LavenderRott
July 7th, 2007, 04:32 PM
doctors only said he eats sth wrong.. and check the pupu but nth wrong..

I hate to sound like an idiot - but what the heck does that mean?

If they both have this problem then I would think there is something wrong - either with the bag of food that you have or they have picked up something in the yard.

chrisxna
July 7th, 2007, 04:40 PM
ya, i checked with 2 different vets, and both of them said they don't know what's wrong with my dog and said maybe they eat sth wrong... i brought the sample of the pupu to them but they said there is nth wrong with the pupu, no worms no nth.. and the medicine they gave me did not help...:confused:

LavenderRott
July 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Okl. Let me explain.

What does sth and nth mean?

I haven't a clue as to what to tell you as I can't understand this part of your post.

chrisxna
July 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM
something and nothing?:sorry:

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 05:10 PM
What does sth and nth mean?

:laughing: Sorry LavenderRott, but I'm french and I got that :laughing:

chrisxna, Rainbow gave you good advices. I had 2 of my dogs with this problem not long ago. They were on cooked ground beef and cooked rice for almost a week . Then I gave them a new kibble with one tablespoon of plain yogourt for 3-4 days mix in the kibble. And voila ! Oh and BTW , always feed less than what's written on the bag.

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
:laughing: Sorry LavenderRott, but I'm french and I got that :laughing:

Me too.....and, I'm completely computer challenged. :D

LavenderRott
July 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Me too.....and, I'm completely computer challenged. :D

Sorry. I am old and blonde. And I have never, ever sent a text message. :rolleyes:

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
:laughing: Neither have I ......and, I'm old and silver. :laughing:

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry. I am old and blonde. And I have never, ever sent a text message. :rolleyes:

:offtopic: :laughing: I'm french , blond and don't have a cell phone. But I still don't get the LMAFRO stuff going on here. :o

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
:offtopic: :laughing: I'm french , blond and don't have a cell phone. But I still don't get the LMAFRO stuff going on here. :o

LMAFRO ??? :confused: .....do you mean ROTFLMAO ? :D

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
LMAFRO ??? :confused: .....do you mean ROTFLMAO ? :D

That's just it , I don't get those :D

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off

I've never seen LMAFRO before. :confused: :shrug:

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Hmmm....maybe LMAFRO means Laughing My A$$ F***ing Right Off :laughing: :eek:

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off

I've never seen LMAFRO before. :confused: :shrug:

That's because it doesn't exist :laughing: I just made it up because I can never remember what the others mean. I did read description for them once , but I totally forgot after 24 hours. :shrug:

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Hmmm....maybe LMAFRO means Laughing My A$$ F***ing Right Off :laughing: :eek:

:laughing: YAACL (you are a crazy lady :laughing: )

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
That's because it doesn't exist :laughing: I just made it up because I can never remember what the others mean. :shrug:

Well, it exists now. :laughing:

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
:laughing: YAACL (you are a crazy lady :laughing: )

:laughing: ...good one. :crazy:

Frenchy
July 7th, 2007, 07:33 PM
chrisxna , this is the part where you can post this :

You guys are totally :offtopic: get the heck out of my thread ;)

rainbow
July 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
chrisxna , this is the part where you can post this :

You guys are totally :offtopic: get the heck out of my thread ;)

I was just going to post an apology for hijacking Chrisxna's thread too. :o

:sorry: We sometimes tend to get a little silly and carried away here. :crazy:

So, now back to the poop problem ......let us know how Healthy and Nana are doing. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chrisxna
July 9th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Wkakakka, I Totally Dont Know What Those Mean~~~~:D THIS IS WHAT FUNNY ABOUT THIS FORUM~~~~~ LUV IT:party: