Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blade, 12yrs in my life ,12 days since u passed

dudabug
July 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Another strange milestone of sorts. Blade was with me for 12 years and today (wed.) is 12 days since my oleboy passed on. The saddness I feel just want let up. I still expect him to jump up in our easy chair and curl up with me. That chair doesnt feel so easy anymore. The house doesnt feel the same anymore... I may move the furniture around this weekend...maybe that will do some good. Maybe it'll give the house a different feel... maybe? Blade fell ill on June 2nd and for about 3 weeks he was pretty much immobile, so I slept with him on the floor so he wouldnt fall out of the bed. He passed on June 22nd and I still cant bring myself to sleep in my bed because he isnt curled up next to me. Ive been sleeping on the couch since he passed. Ive love and lost...and Ive lost loved ones...but this feels different, worse. I dont feel Ive ever lost like this. Blade means so much to me.I should hear from the vet this week to pick up his ashes and bring him home. Maybe tommorrow will be better. Sorry for rambling. Here are a few pics of my ole Blade.

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Oh, what a handsome boy! :candle:

I know it hurts terribly, dudabug, but it will get better :grouphug: Blade doesn't want you to be unhappy too long. Now it's time to grieve, but in a while you'll begin to remember all the great times you two had together and all the wonderful things he taught you.

You gave him a loving home and were with him till the end--his Life couldn't get much better than that! :grouphug:

rainbow
July 5th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I love orange tabbies and Blade was one beautiful boy. :lovestruck: :candle: As Hazel said, time will heal the pain. My deepest condolences for your loss. :grouphug:

Love4himies
July 5th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Blade is beautiful! He knew he was loved and that you gave him a wonderful life, he would not want you to be sad, but to be happy remembering the good times you had together. I know you don't think so now, but the pain will fade with time.:grouphug:

:rip: Blade.

chico2
July 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Last night as I was reading in bed,I had Chico,Rocky and Vinnie with me,Rocky leaning on my leg as he was sleeping.
I love all my cats,but Rocky is a constant presence wherever I am in the house,when I am cooking he lays on the chair,just like your beautiful Blade,watching me.
I can fully understand how you feel,Rocky would leave a huge void in my heart and my every day living,but I would remember him for his dedication and love for me and the wonderful life he had and hope there really is a Rainbow Bridge,where we would one day meet again:cat:

krdahmer
July 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Aw he was a beautiful handsome boy... and I fear more than anything the day I know the loss you feel now, these furbabies come to mean more to us than some of the people in our lives, I know. Perhaps having his ashes home will help, his 'presence' will return in a way. I know I plan to have all of mine returned the same, so they are never far from me. He was blessed to have been so deeply loved and cared for and I have no doubt he is in a great place now and will certainly keep a watch over you. :angel: :grouphug:

dudabug
July 9th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks to you all who have posted. Thanks for the kind words and compassion. Its so comforting to hear from those who can relate. ...... I love and miss you my Blade. :angel: