Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

skin cancer on cat's nose

deemaree7
July 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Wondering if anyone has experience with skin cancer on cats noses.
My 9yo cat Max Leadfoot had two little skin cancers frozen off his pink nose about 18 months ago but they are back.
If they didn't get it all the first time, will freezing the same area again delay its spread?
They say it spreads inside to lungs and liver, how would i know before the symptoms are really bad as my experience with cats is that they show little sign until they are very sick.

deemaree7
July 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
In the absence of any further knowledge about skin cancer from anyone; I booked Max in to have the sores frozen off his nose again.
Unbelievably, he died under the anaesthetic.
They said that as soon as they started to put him under he went blue and they tried adrenalin and everything but could not revive him.
It was such a shock as he seemed perfectly fit and well.
He will be sorely missed as he was more like a dog, followed me everywhere, out to feed the horses, down the drive to get the mail, sat for hours with me at the computer.
We often called him CC for constant companion.

Dr Lee
July 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
deemaree,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a family member. Anesthetic deaths are always unexpected and thus make it even more difficult.

My condolences.

sugarcatmom
July 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry about Max. That is a shock! I don't even know what to say, except that you have my sincere condolences. :rip: dear Max.