Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Birthday Boys!

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
It's Billy and Petey's birthdays!!!!! Billy's was actually on July 1st, and Petey's is coming up on July 7th, but since I had today off work for the 4th of July, we celebrated today! :) Didn't have time to plan anything, but we made do. :)

Billy is 16 years old!!!!! And Aug 10th will be his one year cancer anniversary. He is doing SO well! I am so proud of him!

Happy Birthday Billy!!!!!

(I've been saying he's 16 years old for a little while now, I was thinking he was turning 17 this year until I recently looked back at his baby pics and realized he was born in '91, not '90! I got confused somewhere along the way. :o So NOW he is 16 years old, LOL!)

Petey is a big boy of 4 years old now!!!!! Well, in a few more days!

Happy Birthday Petey!!!!!

I found this cute stuffed b-day cake online and ordered it last week. Took these pictures last night. Billy wasn't too excited, hehe. Petey just wanted to eat it. :rolleyes: So that wasn't such a big hit, LOL!

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Petey REALLY trying to eat the cake! :laughing:

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Billy won't eat treats, so can't really make him anything for his b-day, but he LOVES KFC chicken, so I picked him a few pieces today! This isn't normally how I feed it to him, don't worry. :) I pull it off the bone and put it in a bowl. I just did this for the pics. :)

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Petey let me know he felt left out.

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 07:59 PM
LOL, actually I don't know WHAT he was doing. Looked out the patio door and saw him soaking up the sun in that position. So I snuck a quick pic before joining him out on the deck for a little sun. He just loves to lean on things. After I joined him, then he had to lean on the firepit. :rolleyes:

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 08:01 PM
And then around 5pm once it cooled off at least slightly, we went to the dog park for a swim. Just got back!

Smiley14
July 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
And then saw this in my neighbor's yard on the way back from the park. Thought it was cool and very fitting for the 4th of July holiday!

Now I'm getting geared up for the fireworks...Petey is terrified of them. :sad: So we'll see how he handles them this year. :fingerscr

Happy birthday to my sweet boys!!!!!!

LibbyP
July 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
AAAwww there is something special about senior pets... Billy is one handsome 'older' gentleman and oh so lucky to have KFC on your b-day. And Petey looks like quite the ham soaking up the sun and a pool party with your friends lucky boy. Thanks for sharing the pics looks like they both had a great day :cloud9:

JanM
July 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
What wonderful pictures - especially the "I feel left out one"... Happy Birthday to your boys - they are both fine looking fuzzbutts..

Frenchy
July 4th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Petey let me know he felt left out.

:laughing: That one is sooo cute ! :cloud9:

happy birthday Petey and Billy ! :party:

Rainy
July 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Happy Birthday Petey and Billy!!!Cute pics and the Boston in one pic has not gone unnoticed.LOL ;)

hazelrunpack
July 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM
happy birthday, Petey and Billy!!

The tongue action in the one pic with the stuffie cake is absolutely hilarious! "Good cake, Mom...a little dry, though...you musta overbaked it!"

And the butt pic! :laughing:

Billy and I share a passion--KFC chicken! Since hubby doesn't care for it, I get it less often than Billy does, though. Down a piece for me, Billy! :cat:

It does look like they had fun today. :cloud9:

luckypenny
July 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Looks like Petey and Billy enjoyed a wonderful day (and Mom too). Happy birthday boys! Love the pics :lovestruck: .

rainbow
July 5th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Happy Birthday Petey and Billy !!!

I love the pic of Billy and the "birthday cake" even though he wasn't too impressed with it. Also, Petey's butt pic. :D And, Petey's tongue pic with the "b-cake" too. :laughing:

Also, glad to hear that Billy is doing so well. :highfive:

Hunter's_owner
July 5th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Happy Birthday to Petey and Billy!!!:party:

I love how Petey leans on things like that :cloud9:

Smiley14
July 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Happy Birthday Petey and Billy!!!Cute pics and the Boston in one pic has not gone unnoticed.LOL ;)

LOL! I had to get that little cutie in a picture. :) I just joined Woof too! :)

Smiley14
July 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I think they had fun! :love: :cat: :dog:

TeriM
July 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Great birthdays pics of them both. Billy is still looking great :lovestruck: and Petey is such a character :cloud9: . How is his diet going?

Crestedcrazy
July 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
:party: Awww cute Birthday pics and a very Happy Birthday although belated!!!

very cute cake toy and I imagine the chicken was a big hit!

great pics all of them and the one of Petey leaning on the cahir is just too adorable!:lovestruck:

chico2
July 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Smiley I just adore Billy,he has such an attitude face,looks like trouble:laughing:
At 16 he looks great and I hope he has many more happy birthdays:cat:
LOVE Peteys pics,all of them,what a character:lovestruck:

Smiley14
July 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks guys!!!

Teri, Petey's diet is going slowly, but steadily! He's lost five pounds so far! Yay!!!

Chico, Billy has a total attitude face, that's such a great way of saying it! :laughing: Tonight, I made him be my reluctant model for a few things I've purchased for Belle (the front carrier for a trip in Sept and a winter coat). I was curious as to size and weight and at 8 pounds, he's a lot closer a model than Petey. :laughing: You should have seen his face. "Oh the indignity!" :laughing: I'm the only person he would ever tolerate such things for. :lovestruck: Hehe.

rainbow
July 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM
He looks soooo cute in that little red coat. :lovestruck:

chico2
July 8th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Awww Billy,what a good boy:lovestruck:
I hope he's not going to be climbing the walls when the new pup arrives:fingerscr :cat: