Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten feeling a bit off

terri82
July 3rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
I recently got 2 new kittens. Whilst one is growing fine the other doesnt seem to be doing too well. Although she seems to be doing fine in herself and is having no problems playing with her sister and eating, tonight I have gotten her out of her bed and her bottom is all swollen and her back legs are wet. She still seems her usual lively self but as you may well imagine I am feeling rather worried about her. I know I should take her to the vets but we have just moved to a new army base as my husband is in the military and I have no way of getting there. I dont know anyone here yet either so please dont think bad of me. Obviously if she goes down hill then I will get her there, even if i have to walk as she is now one of the family. If anyone has an idea on what is wrong with her, please help. Thankyou

luckypenny
July 3rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Hello Terri82 and welcome to the forum. I wish we all had easy answers for you but it really is a vet your kitten needs to see asap. Even though you don't know anyone yet at the military base, please ask anyone for help to get you to the vet hospital. You'd be surprised at how many people would be happy to oblige. Good luck and please keep us posted with an update after her visit.

krdahmer
July 4th, 2007, 12:45 AM
That sounds like it could be something that needs attention right away. I'm sure anyone at the base would be happy to help you out, or you could take a taxi. I hope it is nothing serious and that your two little ones continue to grow into healthy cats! :goodvibes: