Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

found tabby cat in Pointe Claire

Hannahbelle
July 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Very friendly, found him behind my apartment building. I'm hoping some person moving didn't dump him...
If you know of anyone who lost a cat, or if you know of anyone who can take 1 in - I have 5 already, and cannot afford anymore.
Thanks!

boatman
July 4th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Very friendly, found him behind my apartment building. I'm hoping some person moving didn't dump him...
If you know of anyone who lost a cat, or if you know of anyone who can take 1 in - I have 5 already, and cannot afford anymore.
Thanks!

hannahbelle thats my cat.his name is Murphy and he is about 14 yrs old.
he bolted on monday during the thunder storm from pierrefonds.
(greendale area) ive been worried sick about him.I dont think im
allowed to post my tel # and im not sure how to pm you,so i will watch
this post for more info on getting him back home.
thanks so much
Boatman

cpietra16
July 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Hannabelle is your building close enough to the greendale area? How long have you been feeding this cat?
There are many people who claim cats that don't belong to them. With all due respect for Boatman, please understand that I've seen people claim animals just to sell them or torture them...would you have resent pics of your cat for comparisons....
Having said that, if this is truly your cat, then I thrilled that there's been a happy ending.

boatman
July 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Good Day That is my cat his name is murphy or as we call him Bub try calling him that and see if his ears pirk up.

Love4himies
July 5th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Hope this turns out to be good news!

boatman
July 5th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I don't have any pics that i can post at the moment,but i do know
some destinguishing things about him.
his belly fur is a soft golden brown, under that fur is a scar from an accident he had when he was about 2 years old.
he likes to have have his belly rubed but dont touch the scar,this realy p's
him off.
at nite when im im watching the news,he likes to lay on my chest and have
his head scratched.he likes to dig his claws into my chest for stability,but with alight tap on his paws and saying "no claws" he usually retracts his claws from my bleeding flesh.
2yrs ago murphy weighed 20 lbs and had a hard time getting around i put him on a strict diet and as of monday he is down to a svelt 9 lbs.
he has a basket that he usualy sleeps in ,but for the last few weeks he has taken to sleeping in the bathtub where i guess he finds it much cooler.
please believe that is my murphy,i look at his face and into his eyes every
day.
Hannah ,if you live where i think you live ,you are about 1 mile or so from
here. i walk it often to get the bus,not a long stretch for a scared cat.
i miss him ,pleas respond
thanks
Boatman

cpietra16
July 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Boatman, if you know where the building is why don't you go and put up flyers? She may see them and contact you. I hope she comes back to the site and responds.

The other thing you can do is walk the area and call out for him..i hope its Murphy.

poodletalk
July 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Go to Craigslist.org, I saw she posted the cat on the site.

You will be able to get her email address.

boatman
July 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Thank you guys i hope its not to late,
i sent her an email to come back here and check out
her thread but i dont know if she will get it directly or if she will have to go
to craiglist to get it.last night i posted my phone #.after reading the rules
again to make sure.not wanting to break the rules, i went back this morning and edited them out.well dear mods if you find this inapropriate please edit my post.
Hannahbelle,if you see this, please call me at (514)626-3729
thankyou
boatman

Hannahbelle
July 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hey Boatman,
I gave you a call, no one home - but, I am not thinking it is him - because if so, he would have had to cross the 40...and I am not sure a cat would do that. But, you never know.
There are 2 distinguishing things about this guy, and I'm going to go check out for the scar on the belly.
Get back to me, so we can sort it out. I do hope he is yours, and don't worry to you other folk - they are certain things about him that only an owner would know!

Love4himies
July 6th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Keeping my :fingerscr that this works out and "Murphy" can be reunited with his owner.:pray:

Hannahbelle
July 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Haven't heard from Boatman yet.....:confused: