Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I had a sick little puppy this morning

clm
July 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Poor little Bentley was throwing up and had a mild case of the runs. He's back to normal now thank goodness. He got sick around 8:00 and was sick off and on for about an hour. I don't think he'd ever thrown up before, he scared himself and me pretty good. I picked him up and he fell asleep on me for a while. Once he was out I put him down beside Baxter (who wouldn't leave my side, and then wouldn't leave Bentley's side) and they slept together for another 3 hours. I had the emergency vet number out in case he was no better when he woke up, but he was fine. I think he got a chill outside this morning. The grass was pretty dewy and he and Baxter were playing hard out there at 5:00. He's eaten his dinner and has gone back to bossing Baxter around. Both are having their after dinner nap right now. I could have done without the scare.:o

Cindy

Frenchy
July 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
(who wouldn't leave my side, and then wouldn't leave Bentley's side) and they slept together for another 3 hours.

I'm glad he's feeling better :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
It's so scary when the young'uns are sick like that for no apparent reason! :grouphug: I hope he's better for good now! :fingerscr No worrying Mommy and Baxter anymore, Bentley!

rainbow
July 2nd, 2007, 01:24 AM
Didn't you just switch him from Iams (that the breeder was feeding) to Orijen? And, you couldn't do it gradually because he just picked out the Orijen. That's likely the reason for the runs but glad that he is okay now. :)

clm
July 2nd, 2007, 05:41 AM
Yes Rainbow, he won't eat the Iams now. He's fine today thank goodness. It's hard to keep them quiet after they eat, all they want to do is play out in the cool damp grass, so I took them both out to play first this morning, then gave them their breakie, which they both wolfed down :rolleyes: and then gave them each a pizzle to keep them quiet for a while. Seems to have worked.

Cindy

Lukka'sma
July 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear wee Bentley is better now. Lukka sends a big kiss to help him feel better.

rainbow
July 2nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Glad Bentley is back to normal. :highfive: If they're eating too fast, try putting a ball in their food dishes (they eat around it so it slows them down) or put their kibble on a large flat pan as the more it's spread out the slower they'll eat. :)