Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FOUND: Female ShepherdX in Surrey BC

schoolmarm
July 1st, 2007, 02:07 AM
I found a sweet, young female dog - looks like a shepherd husky cross? in south Surrey (160th St and 24th Ave) on June 29th. I'm really trying to find her owner, but no one in the area seems to recognize her. No local reports on the web, in the paper, or at the SPCA. She has a collar, but no name, tag, microship or tatoo. She was scared, but she's doing ok. However, I won't be able to keep her! Is this your dog??

badger
July 1st, 2007, 08:26 AM
Do you have a picture? Maybe someone working in rescue in your area will have an idea of what to do next. Thanks for saving this girl, I hope you find a solution for her, if not her real home.

schoolmarm
July 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
I don't have a pic, but I am giving description to every place that might help. I want to hang on to a few details so I can make sure if someone does contact me that they are the real owner. I am also hanging some posters today in the area where I found her. She's settled right down and seems so happy to sleep off the trauma of whatever she's been through. My cat is very unhappy, however:frustrated: I am also concerned because what looked like a minor limp at first (that I thought was due to a small cut on her foot) is now looking more like a big problem. She is moving very stiffly, especially when she has been resting for a while - almost as if none of her legs are working right! She seems too young for arthritis - could she have a hip problem? Or maybe she was hit by a car while on the run? She isn't whiny at all, and she will let me touch her everywhere without a pain response. But it does look as if a vet visit is in our future. thanks for your interest.
JR