Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

swiffer warning a hoax...

MBRA518
May 4th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Just incase anyone have gotten an e-mail warning about swiffer wet jet and liver damage to you pets...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_swiffer_wetjet.htm

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I could consider it a hoax to a point but any harmful chemicals attribute to many health problems in us as well as our pets. Whether this specific situation is true/not...the chemicals in this product are the same ones in others that cause cancer and respiratory problems.

I wouldn't target them solely, I just group all the major companies together. THEY SUCK!! LOL

MBRA518
May 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I could consider it a hoax to a point but any harmful chemicals attribute to many health problems in us as well as our pets. Whether this specific situation is true/not...the chemicals in this product are the same ones in others that cause cancer and respiratory problems.

I wouldn't target them solely, I just group all the major companies together. THEY SUCK!! LOL

Oh I agree with that... just didn't want people freaking out because they have pets and use a swiffer.

I find that Vineger and water work as well as anything... but i am quilty of using products because the smell of vineger is just not..well clean smelling...

Any ideas of how to use vineger without the "I live in a pickle jar" smell?

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Ya I know that smell all too well!

You know, with a window open the smell seems to go away real fast!

I haven't tried this myself but I might or you can maybe be the guinea pig.... try squirting some lemon juice a little bit in with the vinegar / water mixture.

(giggles @ u being guinea pig) oink..but wait they don't oink LOL

MBRA518
May 4th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Ya I know that smell all too well!

You know, with a window open the smell seems to go away real fast!

I haven't tried this myself but I might or you can maybe be the guinea pig.... try squirting some lemon juice a little bit in with the vinegar / water mixture.

(giggles @ u being guinea pig) oink..but wait they don't oink LOL

LOL someone needs some sleep!!! :D

Luba
May 4th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I think I've had too much sugar today, I'm not used to refined sugar and it's gone right to my brain and made me loopy!

Loopy Lubie :eek:

chico2
May 5th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Oh nooooo,first Febreeze now my beloved Swiffer :mad:
I do not use the Wet-Jet,but I use the Swiffer Wet-cloths at least once a day,getting dirty paw-prints of 3 cats all over the floor every day.
Of course I do it when they are all sleeping and they walk on it once it's dry.
Febreeze I stopped using a long time ago,mostly because I found it too expensive for perfumed water :D not knowing it could harm my cats.
The Swiffer dry cloths are excellent in picking up cat-hair and I have lots everyday,but I think I'll use just water for every day paw-print removal.
I cannot stand the AWFUL smell of vinegar :eek:
I am not one prone to panic with every new find,you would have to live in a bubble to stay away from everything"bad"for you :p
This person and her/his vet should have made this find public instead of anonymus e-mails,but then she/he would have left themselves open for law-suits,I guess..