Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Socks wont clean her butt

kathryn
June 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Socks is the tuxedo one on my icon.

She's too fat and cant bend right to reach her butt and refuses to clean her rear end is its gross. I tried clipping the fur off but it was really hard to do because she freaked out and tried to rip my arm off and i didnt want to stab her.

Should I take her to the vets to have it clipped or to a groomer?

And i dont want to spend a fortune to have my cats butt hair clipped off.

It's just gross she always has litter and poop and junk stuck there and i am sick of chasing her around with a paper towel trying to wipe her butt.

I know this happens to long hair cats... but shes like too lazy to even attempt to not make a mess of herself.

plus she has a very very poofy tail and that needs to get clipped near her butt too.

So, vet or groomers, and how much do you think it will cost?

SableCollie
June 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM
For us, the vet is cheaper than the groomer for stuff like that, plus they can sedate the cat if need be...although I hate doing that, sometimes it has to be done. We have a cat right now living at the shelter that looks very similar to yours who needs this done too, she's very fat and lazy and won't let us brush her, we are going to take her to the vet since I am sure she'll have to be sedated, I know she will flip out when they try to shave her.

You could call around to vets and groomers and find out prices and whether they have experience doing this. I don't know what the price range range would be since we get discounts at the vet and groomer.

kathryn
June 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Oh okay. My vet is very nice and tends not to charge us for stuff and he's been my family's vet for about 40 years so maybe I can get this done for free. And I'm also friends with a vet tech that works there as she was my neighboor for 10 years.

I just wasnt sure if they would or not or if they would send me to the groomers.

I dont think she'll have to be sedated, just a couple people to hold her down.

And for the record, shes fat but It's not my fault. I feed her low fat innova but shes a pig and is lazy so she turned into a fat cat.

hehe i love my cat:p shes just a slob.

Dr Lee
June 30th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Local superstores also have fairly quiet and inexpensive hair clippers. Perhaps the vet tech could show you how to do it? Long term that might be the most inexpensive.

kathryn
June 30th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Thank you. My mother says she'd rather us did it so we wouldnt have to take her to the vets all the time, so I'll be on the look out for a good trimmer. Her fur is thick so it was hard with the scissors anyways and then she scratched me so i had to let her go.

I think I can have my vet tech friend help me out though. thanks. hopefully she wont hurt me.. or i wont hurt her

krdahmer
June 30th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Is her poop soft and thus clinging to her behind? I think someone mentioned that problem with Innova before... maybe the shake that I use for my Windy (she has the same issue with poop sticking... although she's not fat and will clean it off I just think it's so gross and don't like her to have to, it really was getting pretty gross when I switched food.) So anyhow you could try the shake stuff its kind of a powder you shake over her food, the one I have is called Eagle Pack Holistic Solution, pink label, for Diarrhea, Loose Stool, & Upset stomach. So far it's worked really well and I haven't had to attempt any fur trimming (which with Windy would definitely require sedation... :laughing: ).

:goodvibes: