Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can I leave him with the other 2 alone?

heather17021977
June 30th, 2007, 07:47 AM
hey gang,

So here's my issue. Stewie tends to play pretty rough with Bruno, to the point where Bruno will cry out. But then he goes back for more each time. We are planning on going to our family cottage today until 10pm. Is it ok to leave Bruno out of his room for that long unsupervised? I hate having to keep in that room by himself, especially for that long. I really have a hard telling if it's bullying by Stewie or just playing.

HELP!

filox
June 30th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hi.

Is there a lot of difference in size of the dogs?

What breed are they?

How old are they, male or females?

Are they spay neuter?

has the dominant dog draw blood?

krdahmer
June 30th, 2007, 11:05 AM
If Bruno is crying out but going back for more it is most likely they are just playing and testing boundries. The more you keep them apart the longer it'll take to establish the chain of command. My boys here play pretty rough too, biting and kicking, but they never actually inflict injuries (sometimes there are quite loud skirmishes though). Cats are a lot tougher than us. Do what you feel comfortable with. If you don't think they are ready than not this time, but maybe next time. I would say they'll be fine though, if it does get too rough, one will back away and hide most likely.

heather17021977
July 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well I left him out with both the other kittens and I think they did fine. I've been not separating them as much and just waiting to see how much bruno can defend himself. And watching stewie's reaction to him crying out. Seems to be ok and I was just being a worried "mom" :)