Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need some help

cpietra16
June 29th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Would anyone living in the west island ( montreal) be able to tell me where i can borrow a humane trap for a few days? My 2 kitties that were rescued a year ago refuse to get out of the basement. I am starting to get worried because I don't believe they are getting enough sun and light. They are coming up the stairs, but run down for safety. I'm starting to think that these 2 kitties will never be comfortable enough to venture out and meet the other members of our fur family. I have been patient and remain patient, but I now fear for their health. :sad:

sugarcatmom
June 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
No advice regarding the traps, but here's some good info on dealing with shy cats: http://www.meowfoundation.com/ourcats/shycats/shyintro.html#tips

Maybe there's some tips in there that will help your kitties to come out of their shells. Some cats may never fully adjust though. A friend of mine has 2 cats that only live in her upstairs bedroom ever since she got a Rottweiler (3 years ago).

SableCollie
June 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM
You can usually buy them from hardware stores if you can't find anyplace to borrow them from.

Good Luck, I hope you catch them!!!! :fingerscr