Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

5yr old Lab has upset stomach!

zoemayaavery
June 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
5yr old chocolate lab (female) has had an upset stomach for about 3 days. Started throwing up Tuesday, did not throw up yesturday and eat dinner. She hasn't wanted to eat at all today, and has gotten sick twice. Called our vet but they can't get her in til tomorrow at 3:00. Is there anything we can give her to settle her stomach til the appointment? We have a little girl, so we have baby meds for upset stomach. Just don't want to make it worse. Thanks, for the help!!!!
Josh

luckypenny
June 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Zoemayaavery. It could be any number of things but I would not suggest giving her human medication until seen by a vet. Is there a possibility that she swallowed something she shouldn't have? Is she lethargic? If so, I would not wait until tomorrow and bring her into an emergency vet asap as she could have a bowel obstruction (which is life-threatening). If she's otherwise acting normally, I would withhold all food until her appointment to give her stomach a rest.

zoemayaavery
June 28th, 2007, 07:25 PM
She's gone to the bathroom a few times today, 1 and 2. She is drinking water, so I'll take your advice and lay off the food til tomorrow. Thanks!!!
Josh

luckypenny
June 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I forgot to mention, if she's still vomiting after drinking water, then I would remove that too for at least 4-6 hours. Then let her have only a minute amount at a time until her appointment.

Good luck and please keep us posted after her visit.

rainbow
June 29th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Is her #2 normal? Good luck at the vet tomorrow. :fingerscr :goodvibes: