Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Skamper Ramps

BusterBoo
June 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone use Skamper Ramps in their swimming pools for the doggies?

We have an above ground (24' round) pool and both Harley and Buster LOVE the water. (Harley only likes the "big" pool :laughing: ). I am always afraid that in a split second one of the boys will jump in or fall in. Of course, they are NEVER allowed on the deck unless we are up there too, but like with children, accidents do happen.

so, I bought a Skamper Ramp! For those that don't know, it is "ramp" that attaches to the pool deck and the idea is that your dog (or cat, or any other critter) can crawl out of the water if need be. When not in use, it flips out of the pool and lies flat on the deck.

We tried it last night and it looks like it will be a good thing. The boys will need to practice a bit to get the hang of it. :thumbs up

rainbow
June 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I don't have a pool :sad: but, I think it is a great idea. :thumbs up

http://www.poolcenter.com/pet_pool_safety_pet_boat_safety.htm

mafiaprincess
June 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Our above ground has no deck.. So we can't have animal oopsies. If it did though I'd be buying the alarm system that's like a turtle to clip to the dog's collar with an indoor base station alarm system.

I've heard a few stories of people who taught the dog(s) to use the ramp out of the pool, but the animal was found dead at the other end of the pool. Forgot an panicked maybe.. Couldn't find the ramp and got tired.. I'd be kinda paro about it.

BusterBoo
June 28th, 2007, 08:35 PM
that's why my dogs are never allowed on the deck alone......i don't take chances!