Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Petsmart Doggie Hotel

BusterBoo
June 27th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I was at our local Petsmart this week and they have been doing major renovations. When I commented on the changes, the Manager said, "wait until you see the hotel and daycare centre"! I asked if he was serious and he said for sure!

So it seems like the Petsmart in Ottawa (on Merivale rd) will be opening a daycare, hotel and boarding centre. Not sure if I would ever try it, but since I am there at least twice a week, I will definitely check it out!

ancientgirl
June 27th, 2007, 09:55 PM
That's at least a good option for some people who need a place to leave their pets for a day or more.

mafiaprincess
June 27th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Was told by one lady that the potty place is a room with rubber flooring and a drain.. So board your dog for a week and it doesn't see grass. It was an american one.. Might want to check into that though, as it may not come up in normal convo.

rainbow
June 28th, 2007, 03:21 AM
We don't have a Petsmart where I live but I thought I heard that most of them already provide a daycare centre. :shrug:

hdme
June 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
The first time we had to board our dog I visited a local kennel that is out in the country. The kennels were in a large barn-like building. There was an individual "inside" kennel for each dog and a doggie door to each dog's "outside" kennel. The problem was that the outside kennel was still inside the building and had a drain like the pp talked about. I refused to leave my dog at a place that didn't allow them to be outside.

BusterBoo
June 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks for bringing that up! I didn't think about the "outdoor" area, if there is one??? I would definitely want my boys to have access to grass, trees, outdoors!

I will look into that for sure!

Dad of Dog's
July 23rd, 2007, 12:04 PM
I would like to know how much experience the staff will have in dealing with a group of adult dogs. They seem to train cashiers and such for the positions in their stores which would give them very little experience in dealing with dog behaviour.
There is an actual doggie daycare just up the street from the petsmart on merivale rd.

BusterBoo
July 23rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, I went to visit that doggy daycare and was not overly impressed for a few reasons..... :shrug:

mummummum
July 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
We don't have a Petsmart where I live but I thought I heard that most of them already provide a daycare centre. :shrug:

Really ? Gee ~ I wasn't aware of any in Toronto. We have so many boarding facilities and doggy daycare options already ~ and land is so expensive ~ I would be surprized if they do do here.

rainbow
July 24th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Really ? Gee ~ I wasn't aware of any in Toronto. We have so many boarding facilities and doggy daycare options already ~ and land is so expensive ~ I would be surprized if they do do here.

Sorry, I meant to say Petcetera. :o

Ford Girl
July 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Was told by one lady that the potty place is a room with rubber flooring and a drain.. So board your dog for a week and it doesn't see grass. It was an american one.. Might want to check into that though, as it may not come up in normal convo.

Most don't have grass for health and sanitary reasons, the resort I use has gravel and rubber, no grass. They can't wash and disinfect grass. Espesically if a dog is sick and the owners didn't mention it or are unware, it's also hard to pick up very soft stool, they gaurentee they pick it all up - especially important for those dogs who like to eat poop!!! I thought it was odd too until I toured and saw they daily cleaning routine, then I could appreciate it.

The one I use, not PetSmart, it's Pet Planet...they do have lots of outdoor time, and trees, just no grass.

They also have inroom web cams, and tv's and raised beds, and purified water systems in the room, you can bring any furniture, treats, toys, boneless meat chews, they have an indoor heated pool too!!! hahah! it's crazy, but it helps me cope with leaving Miss Dazy behind...

Actually, Dazy and Voo Doo are booked in to a double suite the second weekend of August, $25 each per night, and you wouldn't believe what it comes with...hahha! It really is a pet resort and day spa! :p